Not Amused!

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Not Amused!

Post by onemoretry »

I was trying to play the daily game. The two times that I earned a wheel spin, the game froze when I attempted to activate the spin feature. I had to exit and then restart and resume the game. Naturally, I received zero for the quad and spin! As my subject line says: I was not amused.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Haven't had any other reports of the wheel freezing. What web browser are you on so I can test here? Are you using a touchscreen?

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I am on my MacBook Air, using safari. I just tried again, and it froze again. There is an ad for Musinex that runs when the game is loading. Often, the ad freezes for a while before finally running and then letting the game load. Could that be the problem?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I can't think of why a video ad before the game would be related to the wheel function in particular... I see plenty of basic members who have spun the wheel successfully.

1) Is it always when the wheel is triggered that it freezes?

2) Which game type are you playing... TDB?

3) What is your Safari verision? Is it 12.0.1 ?

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Yes, it's when I trigger the wheel. I've tried triggering with the return key and using the on screen arrow. I think I may have heard the sound of the wheel spinning but, otherwise, nothing happens, and all buttons are non functional, so I have to close it down.

I was playing TDB.

Safari is the 12.0.1 version.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

This is even more confusing. I tried playing on my wife's computer, an older MacBook Air, and older version of safari (don't tell her). Although the game took a long time to load, when I could finally play, it played just fine. In fact, I was dealt a quick quad, and the wheel worked perfectly for all five hands, though the results of the spins were pretty awful.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We've tested here on MacBooks as well, same version of Safari, with no problem. Trying to think of what else it could be. Can you try muting the sound within the game (by clicking the mute icon) and let me know if it still locks up? Maybe it's related to a specific wheel sound or something on your system.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

The game played OK with the sound muted!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Well, that narrows it down... we will look into why a wheel sound might cause an issue on some systems. In the meantime, I suggest muting that particular game while you play. Let me know if it happens further while muted.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I made another post some time ago that apparently disappeared into cyberspace (or, I did something wrong).

I played some more with the sound muted and it played fine. Then, I tried again with the sound on, and the darned thing worked fine that way, as well. Go figure!