Ultimate X Gold slows to a crawl

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
chiefsquirrel
Forum Regular

Ultimate X Gold slows to a crawl

Post by chiefsquirrel »

FYI for you....

Although I really like this game, it eventually slows to a crawl (even in turbo mode). The issue isn't noticeable at first but the more one plays it, the slower it gets. It's almost as if it's running out of cache or has a memory leak.

As of now (15:30 Eastern), I have played 2 sessions. The first began to slow down at around hand 45 (25 left). The 2nd session was slow but then began to crawl at hand 40 and was like molasses from hand 50 all the way to the end.

Clearing cache on my side has no effect, I've plenty of free memory and no other websites have issues from my end.

Thanks

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Will check it out for any potential issues. Thanks for reporting it.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I played 200 hands each in both Chrome and Firefox and didn't see any notable increase in either CPU or Memory use, so don't think it's that. Trying to think of what else I can try to duplicate what you are seeing.

I was playing 10 play DDB. What game are you playing and I'll try the same thing. Would love to track it down.

It could also be some sort of difference in browser settings, but that's more challenging to determine.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

I noticed the game slowing down at times as well. I just reloaded, and then it was fine. This was happening when it was the contest last week.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

In addition to the question above (which game you were playing) also note the following:

-Is it slowing when there are more multipliers on the screen? Or more MAX multipliers (with the flame animation)?

-Does it start slowing after some particular kind of win?

-Does it ever get better after being slow for a while, or only get progressively worse?

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

For me, I was playing Triple Double...It would start about mid-game, and get progressively worse. And it didn't always happen. Couldn't pinpoint exactly why, but seemed to happen after I played several consecutive games.

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Oh wait...I remember now. Playing Triple Double, switch to Double Double and the switch back to Triple Double...That's when it slowed. I forgot about that.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Play an entire round of TDB, a round of DDB and then back? Or just switch between the games a few times without playing in between?

Come Back Kid
Video Poker Master

Post by Come Back Kid »

Switching while in the same game...

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Are you able to get it to slow down right now by repeating those actions? I haven't been able to get it to happen yet.