FREEZING AND CRASHING

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
cattlovrr
Forum Rookie

FREEZING AND CRASHING

Post by cattlovrr »

Hello, Webman.

Videopoker.com is one of my favorites sites. I play daily and have been a Gold member for years.

That said, I'm finding that the site crashes and freezes on a more frequent basis during game play (daily, weekly, monthly and 7 Star contests are all impacted). This happened on occasion starting about six months ago, and now it can occur several times during the course of a game; it happens each day. I do not find this to happen on other websites I visit.

To no avail, I've tried clearing cache, etc. I'm using Safari 15.2 on the latest Mac desktop.

Any help or resolution would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Please try clearing your browser cache again in Safari (I know you said you already did, but there have been changes) and let me know if that causes it to stop happening for a time.

cattlovrr
Forum Rookie

Post by cattlovrr »

Thanks, Webman. I clear the cache at least several times a day, including today. The same problems persist. A few examples from today (and over time):
1. At times, when the game seems to be calculating a win from a hand, the game crashes with a message, "The website was reloaded because a problem occurred."
2. Today, for instance, the Weekly Contest freezes at various stages of a given hand, causing me to reload the page. As often as not, the "deal" button is frozen after the reload and I must reload several times for it to work (I empty the cache before and after doing this).
3. More rarely, the game will continue to make the sound of a win being calculated while essentially just stuck (i.e. the total score the the game does not advance). Sometimes, the hand completes registering and sometimes not.

I've experienced other crashing behavior however these are the most prevalent. I would also say that the crashes follow no particular pattern. Sometimes I can play a 100 hands and no crash and other times (like during today's weekly) it will crash five or more times during a given game.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Thank you for the details. Let me know once again if you see any crashes after my previous post (some changes were made immediately before it).

These crashes began with the iOS 15 or 15.1 update and we are still hopeful that they will be resolved in a future update from Apple, but in the meantime we are working diligently to root our the cause and see if we can find a workaround to prevent it from happening. As you sad, so far there is no apparent pattern and unfortunately absolutely no error information to help determine the cause. We'll keep working on it and any additional info is always appreciated.

cattlovrr
Forum Rookie

Post by cattlovrr »

Thank you, Webman.

I just completed a round (100 hands) of the weekly. I cleared the cache before starting and several times during the game.

The game crashed or froze four times this session. Each time required me to reload twice for each crash/freeze in order for the game to function again.

Thanks for your responsiveness as you seek out the root cause.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

cattlovrr,did you try the new apple update 15.2?it may not be the answer but i thought i would suggest it

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Unfortunately, both 15.1 and 15.2 appear to suffer from the same issue. 15.3 is still a ways out, but perhaps it will contain a fix.

In the meantime, still exploring options here.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

now installing 15.2.1.last week was 15.2.these updates are driving me crazy

cattlovrr
Forum Rookie

Post by cattlovrr »

doris13 wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:21 am
cattlovrr,did you try the new apple update 15.2?it may not be the answer but i thought i would suggest it
Yes, per my first post on the issue, I installed 15.2 the day it was available. Thanks for the suggestion, however.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Yes, Apple just released iOS 15.2.1 which has some bug fixes (though no mention of safari bug fixes). No idea if it will help, but please install and let me know if the problem continues.