FREEZING AND CRASHING

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
cattlovrr
Forum Rookie

Re: FREEZING AND CRASHING

Post by cattlovrr »

Please correct me if I am wrong, however I believe 15.2.1 relates to the iPhone (and perhaps other portable devices). I updated my phone to that version today.

However, there have been no updates that I know of to Safari for the desktop, which I use to play on this site. I check for updates daily, and as of just now, Apple's Safari for desktop is still version 15.2.

Thanks.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Correct, I don't see any Safari updates on desktop at this time. So we won't be able to try there. Forgot you were on desktop.

Some developers are pointing to a security update rather than safari itself when it comes to certain crashes in Safari on desktop and iOS. So it's possible an update outside of Safari could resolve this as well.

I'll be keeping an eye on any other updates and we continue to look for an in-house workaround as well, so I'll let you know if there's anything further to try.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Looking deeper, I don't think the 15.2.1 update will make any progress on this particular issue.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

For those on iOS (ipad and iphone) try going to your Settings app, then Safari, Advanced Settings, Experimental Features and try turning off the following:

GPU Process: Canvas Rendering

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

For those on a Mac, to try this you must first enable the Developer menu in Safari (enable the option in Safari preferences, under 'Advanced'), then uncheck Develop > Experimental Features > GPU Process: Canvas Rendering.

rockinrobin

Post by rockinrobin »

Seems the problem is getting worse. I am kicked out 2 or 3 times per session. This is the error I get sometimes:
A problem repeatedly occurred on "https://www.videopoker.com/contests/go/?c=5725".

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Rockinrobin, please follow the steps outlined above or see the instructions here:

https://www.videopoker.com/safari/

rockinrobin

Post by rockinrobin »

I did those things before I started playing today.

rockinrobin

Post by rockinrobin »

I did not close the browser and reload, though. I am doing it now. Thanks

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It appears the latest update to both iOS and the Apple OS has resolved the problem.

Everyone is encouraged to update to version 15.3 if you have not already (or Monterey 12.2 on an Apple computer).