user name

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
lou
Forum Rookie

user name

Post by lou »

why do i keep getting  "user name already used" all of a sudden...now i cannot get into chat on ultimate x poker anymore...just started today

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Sometimes when you change games, it won't register your exit correctly so it thinks you are still playing another game. This should time out after 10 minutes or so and let you back in to a chat.We're working on a solution to keep this from happening, but for now it should take care of itself after a few minutes. Please let me know if you cannot get in after a few minutes.

lou
Forum Rookie

Post by lou »

okay....just to let u know..i did not change names....but thank u for the information...i just dont want anyone to think i am being a snob, and not speaking....cause we have a great bunch of people we chat with everyday.

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

It does take care of itself after a little while! I get it all the time!

lou
Forum Rookie

Post by lou »

this has been hours now...grrrrrrrrrr, i dont want to go into the game, and people think i am mad, and wont talk to them....

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

lou, I've had that happen a few times. In my case a minute or so after I click on OK on the User Name Taken message it loads the chat. It appears at my end that it happens when the sequence of loading the game has the chat load first. Also my Dial Up accelerator causes a problem if it doesn't wake up before the game starts to load. One way to make sure your chat friends know your not ignoring them is to send them a PM explaining your problem.

lou
Forum Rookie

Post by lou »

tks for all the info...this morn, all seems well sooo far  

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

this has been hours now...grrrrrrrrrr, i dont want to go into the game, and people think i am mad, and wont talk to them....

I've noticed that the chat stalls occasionally in different ways.  Maybe it's just my setup (dial-up).

One thing it does - I'll see people chatting away, then the chat window stops updating (no new chat messages).  If I click on the "User List" button in the chat window, then click on the main "Game Chat" button that seems to get it going again.

On my system, every 10 minutes or so the chat reboots - it disappears for a second and then restarts by itself, clearing any messages that had been displayed.

So, lou, you're not being ignored.    Some of the conversations get, um, interesting (especially late at night) and I tend to stay away from those (), but I always jump in when there's general whining going on about daily scores in the game, especially in Ultimate X.  We had a fun one going this morning about the different ways that WM might be bribed into removing the minus signs in front of our scores.

Has anyone else had things like this happen?  I consider these things little "burps" and really not problems.

gumshoe
Forum Regular

Post by gumshoe »

My chat clears throughout my sessions, as well.  I usually just tell everyone that my chat disappeared so they don't think I am ignoring them. Great group of people in the ultimate x chat at night.!  I have never had an issue with the chat not allowing me in. 

lou
Forum Rookie

Post by lou »

made the meatloaf for wm, and problem fixed!