Cant Get To Games-Help!

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
katypug
Forum Rookie

Cant Get To Games-Help!

Post by katypug »

dear webman my computer was infected with malware that I got while I was playing poker new years eve, after much fighting with PC Live Ware I was able to get them to give me an uninstall code.  I can access your site but when I try and play a game their so-calledl security site still pops up blocking my ability to play. I was able to get around it for a while by using the history button but now even that doesnt work. Any idea how to get rid of this ad? I truly believe this company is delibertly targeting your site as I am not the first person to have this happen. Pleas help Im not to computer literate and dont have a lot of money to have my computer cleaned. Its strange I can get to your site access everything except actually playing the games.   Thank You!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

In the past some programs such as this have flagged the games as "potentially unsafe." We believe this is simply because the games do indeed pass data, namely the scoring information, from the program to the server.Rest assured, the game applications themselves are indeed CLEAN and do not attempt to put any spyware or malicious programs on your machine.While we do believe that this is the result of them being oversensitive in what they flag, we cannot in good conscience ask you to completely disable to program as these programs generally do a good job of protecting you from actual threats.Previous users that had this problem, also had it resolves itself with a future update of the program's threat database. I do not know if this was the result of them reporting it as safe to the company, or if the company simply revised their threat level. In any case, there was nothing we could do on our end.If there is a way to flag the game application itself as "safe" on your system, you could do so. But I cannot advise you to remove the program completely unless you want to on your own.If you are still getting a warning after removing the program, then it sounds like it was not completely uninstalled, or it would not be sending any further messages.A good program for removing spyware and/or malware is called SpyBot Search and Destroy. It's free. It does take several scans and reboots to completely cleans a system up but it's the only one I have had good luck with in the past.The other options would be to continue working on uninstalling that program, or hope that they update their database to reflect the games as safe.

katypug
Forum Rookie

Post by katypug »

thank you webman for answering me . I final;ly figured out how to get to the games by using the history icon on my computer. So far so good

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

How does that work exactly? Do the games track your credits alright? What browser?It would be good to know how you're doing this in case others run into this in the future.

cabcan
Forum Newbie

Post by cabcan »

when i go to play a game, it says session time is yp. what is that all about?cabcan

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

cabcan, try logging out and logging back in. That sounds like a problem with the cookies in your browser. Logging out and back in may resolve it.