virus attack? (soved... not a virus)

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
oej719
Video Poker Master

virus attack? (soved... not a virus)

Post by oej719 »

Webman
Everytime I am on the forum my virus detection pops up ands tells me my system has blocked an attack. I have nothing else open when it happens.
Maybe something you should look into. This is not a single occurance but everytime I login.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

What virus detection system do you have?

I wonder if it is just detecting the notifcation of private messages. That is the only thing we have changed lately.  Did you just notice it start in the past day or so?

Please email me at forum @ videopoker.com so I can sort this out with you more quickly. Obviously this is an issue we want to resolve immediately.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

If anyone else is experiencing something similar, please contact me immediately.  I have not received any similar reports so this could be isolated to a single system and could be entirely unrelated.  Of course, I am looking into it carefully to be sure things are kosher.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

All is fixed for now. We have destroyed that demon attack thanks to Webman.  Time to hit some more quad aces with a kicker.
Jives says thank you too. He is the best butler money can buy.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

For those wondering, it looks like it was unrelated to the forum software update, rather a security update for Windows XP/IE that was needed.

Run those automatic updates or visit windowsupdate.com often!

Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

Post by Minn. Fatz »

Let's not get carried away now. I have to have IE 'cause of my ISP but otherwise I try manfully to avoid Micro$oft, and (full disclosure) I'm a stockholder even.  How does the site work on Firefox?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Let's not get carried away now. I have to have IE 'cause of my ISP but otherwise I try manfully to avoid Micro$oft, and (full disclosure) I'm a stockholder even.  How does the site work on Firefox?
Works great on Firefox and even on (gasp) a Mac.  I test on multiple browsers.

How on earth are you required to use IE by your ISP? Can't you run Firefox separately?

vpguy3

Post by vpguy3 »

I run Firefox and it works great. The only thing I've noticed is that when I'm posting and use the "Enter" key to advance it shuts down. other than that I think Firefox is great.