vp.com for Android

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
Buffilita

vp.com for Android

Post by Buffilita »

If this subject has been posted before, please excuse the repetition, but I thought it might be helpful to some people out there who want to play vp on a tablet.  I recently bought an ASUS tablet that runs Android 4.0.3 and then found that Adobe no longer supports Flash Player for Android for version 4.0 and higher.  However, I was able to manually download Flash thru archives on Adobe's website and can now play all games on videopoker.com .  The only downside so far is the inability to switch between game and contest chat while a game is open.  The entire game closes and you have to start over.  Not good when you're in the middle of a contest session.

Hope this helps anyone out there who is considering purchasing an Android tablet or who has encountered this issue with an existing tablet.  (ps, seems like eventually Adobe will come around and out from under Apple's thumb on this issue and begin providing support and updates for droid.)

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

I was having problems with my android tablet and flash also. I reloaded an older version of flash and I am ok now. I did also read about it and was very worried because I specifically bought an android so I could get this site.

Really, this feud between Adobe and Apple needs to end. I should be able to download stuff from Itunes but I cant. Very unfair to the consumer!

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Well, the problem with Adobe Flash Player and Android is back. I was previously able to use my Galaxy Tab 2 running Android 4.1 to play games on the site by downloading a back level version of Flash. Android has now updated to 4.2.2, and I am unable to run any games. I have tried several back versions of Flash with no success. I can sign-on, and access Forum OK, but not the games.  

Anybody have a solution?  

ColorMeOld
Forum Rookie

Post by ColorMeOld »

BillyJoe, you might want to give this a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rse.photon

I don't have an Android machine but I looked at this a while ago before I decided not to go with an Android machine. Never tried it but you never know.

Good Luck.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

BillyJoe, you might want to give this a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rse.photon

I don't have an Android machine but I looked at this a while ago before I decided not to go with an Android machine. Never tried it but you never know.

Good Luck.
WebMan, have you tested this site on the free version of this app ?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

No... looks interesting though. If it does work, I'd love to hear so we can recommend it to other Android users.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

No... looks interesting though. If it does work, I'd love to hear so we can recommend it to other Android users.
What, am I on your test team now? I WANT SOME COMPENSATION !!

I did download the free version of the app, loaded VP.Com. enabled the 'lightning bolt" to turn on the app's flash player, and I was able to play both the contest and regular VP games. I am running Android 4.2.2 on a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1.  

The add banner on the bottom of the screen is annoying. You can upgrade to their Premium version of the app for a fee (not sure how much) to remove the adds. For now, seems like it is OK.

My thanks to ColorMeOld for directing me to this app.  
Just kidding about compensation, WebMan - Glad it works, and I hope that it will help other users.