graphics glitch?

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
datangie
Forum Rookie

graphics glitch?

Post by datangie »

For the last 3-4 days, I'm experiencing a slight delay in the graphics loading during game play. Specifically, the cards are not appearing instantly.. you can see the top of the card but it takes a second for the whole card to appear. This has never happened before but has happened in every game I've played the last few days (I've only played contest games). I did the usual computer maintenance, but that didn't help. This morning I asked (in chat) if others were noticing this problem, and there were a few players who said they did. Only one said 'no'.   Just thought I'd bring this to your attention.....    

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I get similar things too with delayed cards being dealt. Mine is on regular play. It usually only happens when I have being playing a long time. I think temp files, junk, and cookies build up in the computer as the game is played. Once the usual maintenance is done, the games are usually OK after the computer is restarted.

datangie
Forum Rookie

Post by datangie »

That's the first thing that occurred to me, so I did do the usual cleaning out of cache, restart etc., but the problem didn't go away... and it's consistant thruout play, not just after a long time. Also, no other games that I play on other sites are affected, which leads me to believe this site is having issues - possibly related to upgrades/changes in progress....

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

This is the first I've heard of this problem... no change on the site, so I'm not sure what could be causing it.Any changes on your system, especially with regard to graphics card drivers, or something along those lines? Have you tried in more than one browser?

datangie
Forum Rookie

Post by datangie »

Nope, no system changes at all and I haven't tried other browsers (I use Chrome).   It's not a major issue as the game still plays fine... just a minor graphics thing I can live with. Probably only noticed because of the normally exceptional graphics on this site.   :-)

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

I maxed out my PC memory not too long ago, and I found that this site, along with some other applications, run much better.

You may want to look at your PC memory (not disk size). Adding memory is pretty simple on most PCs.

datangie
Forum Rookie

Post by datangie »

Thanks for the tip, billyjoe. I checked my pc's performance stats, and memory appears to be good. I'm just not going to worry about this little glitch... at this point, it's a very minor issue.