New Format

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
DezJeep

Re: New Format

Post by DezJeep »

Tried 10 play just now using my Apple and I'm also having problems.  Space bar doesn't work and neither do the number buttons to hold the cards.

kjohn

Post by kjohn »

Maybe Webman will give us some explanation at some pt. This would be a good day to "play" with ice everywhere, church canceled etc. Oh well, it will get better or people will exit the site, especially those of us who pay for gold...

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We certainly hope to improve all of these areas with the new format before expanding to the rest of the games.While I agree that "if it's not broken, don't fix it," the truth is the web is changing quite rapidly, and not changing will result in it being "broken." Flash has performed very well over the years, but more and more people are moving towards tablets and devices that no longer support Flash. Over the next year or two, this is going to continue rapidly. So we're losing people without changing. We want to adapt and make sure the games continue to work for everyone in the future, without a dependence on flash.It looks like a number of people are having performance issues with the new format, and if you can email details of your problem to forum@videopoker.com along with your browser information, it will be a big help in moving forward. To facilitate getting accurate browser information, we suggest this page (again, entering forum@videopoker.com as the recipient up top). Please make sure you also email a detailed report of the problems you are experiencing so we know how to match up the problem with the system type.Thanks for your patience, everyone. Please do submit a report... if we don't hear, we don't know what to fix.One thing I will do (likely tomorrow) is reactivate the flash version that people can use in the meantime in addition to the new format. However, that would be temporary your reports to help get the new format up to speed would be greatly beneficial.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

We certainly hope to improve all of these areas with the new format before expanding to the rest of the games.

While I agree that "if it's not broken, don't fix it," the truth is the web is changing quite rapidly, and not changing will result in it being "broken."

Flash has performed very well over the years, but more and more people are moving towards tablets and devices that no longer support Flash. Over the next year or two, this is going to continue rapidly. So we're losing people without changing. We want to adapt and make sure the games continue to work for everyone in the future, without a dependence on flash.

It looks like a number of people are having performance issues with the new format, and if you can email details of your problem to forum@videopoker.com along with your browser information, it will be a big help in moving forward. To facilitate getting accurate browser information, we suggest this page (again, entering forum@videopoker.com as the recipient up top). Please make sure you also email a detailed report of the problems you are experiencing so we know how to match up the problem with the system type.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. Please do submit a report... if we don't hear, we don't know what to fix.

One thing I will do (likely tomorrow) is reactivate the flash version that people can use in the meantime in addition to the new format. However, that would be temporary your reports to help get the new format up to speed would be greatly beneficial.

I appreciate the technical issue, but understand, there are many of us that do not charge off and get the latest and greatest platforms, just because they are there. We are content to use the older models, as long as they deliver what we need.

Can I suggest that you consider a selection option when you enter the site, allowing the user to tell whether they are using a laptop (flash) or tablet (non-flash) to play, and then have the appropriate version of the site software kick off. In that way, you can service your entire market.

kjohn

Post by kjohn »

That is a perfect idea...give us a choice...For the time being why not pick the games that are used the LEAST and try you new format on those...and leave the most popular games as is...

pokerforme

Post by pokerforme »

Mine just comes up and says "preparing game" never loads squat. Not on my end either. Sorry Webman it seems there is a real problem with the new platform, hope to see it working right soon....we will leave it up to the techo guys :)

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Along with my laptops and desktop computers I have also used my tablets to play on this site.   I'm all for progress, as long as it beats promises.

kjohn

Post by kjohn »

I thought the format was getting changed back to flash today? Did I miss something?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I thought the format was getting changed back to flash today? Did I miss something?It's still today, today. Tomorrow isn't here yet. There will be a link added above the game to play in flash. However, this will be temporary until we have some improvements in place.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

[QUOTE=kjohn]I thought the format was getting changed back to flash today? Did I miss something?

It's still today, today. Tomorrow isn't here yet.

There will be a link added above the game to play in flash. However, this will be temporary until we have some improvements in place.
[/QUOTE]
For us East Coasters, your "today" is our "it's about over" ..

Thanks for putting in the selection option on 3-5-10 way VP. It seems to work fine.