Not a Chrome Fan

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Not a Chrome Fan

Post by Galeygoo »

Currently, the only way for me to play games set up in the new format is to switch browsers to Chrome

I enjoy using my ie9 browser and would like to know what are the proper settings to use so I can continue to use ie while enjoying the new games and games that have already changed over to the new format.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Are you on an operating system that won't let you upgrade IE past version 9?If so, you need to turn off Compatibility View for the site.It's been a while since I was on version 9, but I think the instructions are similar to:-Click the Tools menu and choose "Compatibility View Settings"-From the list of "Websites you've added to Compatibility View", select videopoker.com-Click Remove-Close your browser, and then visit VideoPoker.com again to play

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Thanks for the help, Webman.  It didn't work, but I am a life-long Tech Remedial 101 student.  I also was unable to "remove" anythingthing from that compatability View List.  Not sure why.  "Add" was only option available to update. 

I have Windows Vista and am not sure how I could update any higher ie series and I'd hate to put you through the aggrivation of trying to help me with THAT ONE.

I'll muddle through Chrome, I guess.  Thanks Again

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

I have Windows Vista and am not sure how I could update any higher ie series and I'd hate to put you through the aggravation of trying to help me with THAT ONE.

IE9 is the highest level available for Vista.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

[QUOTE=Galeygoo] I have Windows Vista and am not sure how I could update any higher ie series and I'd hate to put you through the aggravation of trying to help me with THAT ONE.

IE9 is the highest level available for Vista.[/QUOTE]

I thought so, thanks, Billy.   (muddle, muddle)

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

[QUOTE=billyjoe] [QUOTE=Galeygoo] I have Windows Vista and am not sure how I could update any higher ie series and I'd hate to put you through the aggravation of trying to help me with THAT ONE.

I'll muddle through Chrome, I guess.  Thanks Again IE9 is the highest level available for Vista.[/QUOTE]

I thought so, thanks, Billy.   (muddle, muddle)[/QUOTE]
I converted my Win XP PC to Win 7, which I like. It supports IE11.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

[QUOTE=Galeygoo] [QUOTE=billyjoe] [QUOTE=Galeygoo] I have Windows Vista and am not sure how I could update any higher ie series and I'd hate to put you through the aggravation of trying to help me with THAT ONE.

I'll muddle through Chrome, I guess.  Thanks Again IE9 is the highest level available for Vista.[/QUOTE]

I thought so, thanks, Billy.   (muddle, muddle)[/QUOTE]
I converted my Win XP PC to Win 7, which I like. It supports IE11. [/QUOTE]

Hmmm, Sounds like a suggestion. Remember, Remedial 101 here.  If you have the patience, I'd love to learn how to do that.  I'd just hate to do this to a friend .....(we need a "warning" emoticon)

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I have found the way to upgrade. Thanks for the suggestion, Billy.