games playing slow

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: games playing slow

Post by olds442jetaway »

Windows 7 1 gig of ram chrome no problems life is good. Would be gooder if I could get a royal or two in the monthly. I also use Ccleaner on exit every time.

Ccleaner is a great program. Gets rid of most of the built up used junk fast. Updates are fast too.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Thanks for the tip about Firefox faygo. I may try it anyway, if I can find the patience! I completely understand about the need to play VP!
YAY...this post made me a forum regular...finally.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

faygo,don't know how you feel about hp but the hp store has windows 7 in laptops and desktops.i got my desktop there in november.in desktop they only had professional left but it is fast and i love it.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Researching this issue, the current version of Chrome has a problem where the sound quality degrades over time and the application slows, then eventually grinds to a halt, which sounds exactly like what some people have experienced. We do hope for this to be resolved in the next version of Chrome that is released. In the meantime, muting the game within the interface should resolve the issue (though we know people would like to play with sound). We are also looking into possible workarounds to put in place before they are able to correct it within the browser.

kfed
Forum Rookie

Post by kfed »

What I've noticed on my machine (Win 7, Chrome 42, 8 Gb ram) is that as time goes on, Chrome is eating more and more of the CPU - eventually hitting 100% CPU usage with 90+% used by Chrome. Memory usage is high too - over 60%. If I sign off from vp.com and close Chrome, usage drops down to almost nothing. Open Chrome and sign back on to vp.com and you can watch CPU and memory usage climb back up until you hit 100% again. Most of the time I only have 1 tab open.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

We've done an update here that we hope resolves the sound issue in Chrome. Please give it a shot if you were experiencing that. You may need to refresh your browser after loading the game for the first time (or clear your cache before you try).

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

Thank you WM for taking our concerns seriously and trying to help!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

We've done an update here that we hope resolves the sound issue in Chrome. Please give it a shot if you were experiencing that. You may need to refresh your browser after loading the game for the first time (or clear your cache before you try).

Youse guys did good. Sound is fine and only an occasional momentary hang up.   

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I agree. Seems like much improvement. Thank you, WM

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

News Flash...I am using Firefox today and the contest games were nice and fast (all the way through!)It is probably a combination of using a different browser and whatever magic Webman and his crew came up with. Thanks to all of you!