Game freezes during ad change

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
NDANCO
Forum Rookie

Game freezes during ad change

Post by NDANCO »

Game freezes during play when the ads are changing on the left or right side. I cleared my browser cache, the ad blocker is disabled. Still the same problem.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I have just gone through one of the most aggravating attempts yet to play on this site.

Trying to play the monthly game, I managed to complete one session in a little over twelve minutes. The norm for me for a 100 hand single line session is about five minutes.

The second session I tried was tons worse. After fifteen minutes, and completing only 66 deals, I gave up.

Many times, I see the message "videopoker.com is not responding", or "videopoker.com is not responding due to a long running script"

Playing here ought to be fun. Believe me, when it plays like this, it's not fun at all.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

onemoretry and ndanco, I'll try switching your ad network. Let me know if it improves.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

It was considerably better this morning. I was able to play all five sessions of the monthly contest without a total freezeup. It was, as usual, a bit chunky, but there was only one "connecting to server" incident.

I found it a bit ironic, while playing last night, that one of the ads that popped up several times was for ad blocking software.

Onenickelmiracl

Post by Onenickelmiracl »

I could use an ad change,working very buggily.

boobert
Forum Rookie

Post by boobert »

There's some kind of screwy ad on the top of the monthly contest that doesn't even fill the space and slows the games to a crawl. Mostly a snow scene and home depot.

WhitneyReed

Post by WhitneyReed »

There's some kind of screwy ad on the top of the monthly contest that doesn't even fill the space and slows the games to a crawl. Mostly a snow scene and home depot.

I'm getting that too on the daily and weekly, and it's really annoying! It slows the game down immensely. It's a weird downhill skiing video and then random video ads. They're postage stamp sized so it looks like they're not supposed to be in a banner ad. Some times text will appear with a countdown saying "Advertisement. Your video will start in xx seconds." It's been happening for several days now, I hope it stops!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Boobert and WhitneyReed, please check your email. We're trying to track down that ad but it's not coming up for us here. It may be regional or using some other sort of demographic. Sent you some questions that may help us figure out the source and eliminate it. Thanks!

jaywass1
Forum Rookie

Post by jaywass1 »

Hello,
I am having the same issue with that skiing ad & home depot video ad ruining game play. It just repeats the same ad over and over again and slows game play down to a crawl. Is there any way to get rid of this? Thanks.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

jaywass1, I'll change your ad network as well. Let me know if that helps.