Travel Ban?

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: Travel Ban?

Post by notes1 »

wearing a mask, like so many things these days, has been turned into a political matter. unfortunately, many elected officials, let their political allegiance, dictate the rulings they have made. not allowing church gathering even in parking lots, but allowing pot and liquor stores to be open and condoning the mass gatherings of protesters. NYS supreme court noted this error.

i am as conservative as anyone, but wear a mask, whenever in a place of business.

keep in mind, there is NO surge in deaths, there is a surge in infections. i/m/o, much of that surge is due to opening of bars and the protest gatherings. much of the new cases are in the under 40 age bracket, the exact group that was protesting and filling up bars. it is no coincidence that they younger crowd the source of the surge and they are also the group, not taking precautions. the bar openings and the protests both occurred at about the same time.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

It was just announced today that the Mayor of Chicago is enacting a quarantine effective July 6, 2020 for travelers coming to Chicago from: Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Nevada, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Utah. Those entering Chicago from these states are to quarantine for 14 days.

The story states that it is unclear how this will be enforced but violators can be fined $100.00 - $500.00 per day, up to a maximum of $7,000.00.

This quarantine also applies to Chicago residents who return from those states listed above.

On a side note: any money fine money collected will not pay off Chicago's MASSIVE pension deficit.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

i am surprised florida is not on the list where visitors would need to be quarantined. chicago has every right to do this.

but, after watching what is going on in chicago, nyc, LA, minneapolis, seattle and every other big city cesspool, that is being besieged by rioters, looters, BLM members, who the hell would want to go visit any of these places.

you could not pay me to go to any of these places.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Oops, you're right notes, Florida was on that list and I just missed it.

Good catch.