Travel Ban?

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Travel Ban?

Post by stevel96a1 »

people from nyc going to FL have to quarantine for 14 days,
people from NYc going to LV have to do the same? will the air ports decline my flight ticket?

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

i guess i will just have to book it and find out heh

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

if u can steve ,i would wait until things simmer down if u can .

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Airports aren't declining tickets. Not sure what you mean.

The state quarantines I've heard of mean that once you get there, you head straight to your hotel or rental and can't go out until you've "sheltered in place" for 14 days.

If you are taking a pleasure trip, there's no sense in going while a quarantine is in place.

I imagine most of those will be lifting soon, other than Hawaii. They have been the most persistent in both enforcement and pledging to hold out until things look more under control. They may open to Japan before they open to the US mainland. But that's another subject.

Montana just ended their visitor quarantine I think.

So I would wait as well, and don't think it will be long. I wouldn't buy a ticket until it's official though.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

sorry for the echo in my statement.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

so if i decided to drive 3 days to LV from NY i wouldn't be bothered with this crap? and id be free to do what i want w/o the tsa or gov interfering with me plans?

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Fly or drive makes no difference. If there is a quarantine on visitors from NY, stay away. Do you have a link with information about the quarantine? Surely this is spelled out for Nevada specifically. It will vary by state. I hadn't heard about this one.

vpwarrior
Forum Rookie

Post by vpwarrior »

There is no quarantine if u fly to Vegas.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

News media here in NYC are making a big deal out of one kid in Westchester County who went to Florida, came back and infected 4 friends. No mention of how many people may have been infected by the protests/riots where social distancing and masks were let's say "optional". Incredbile bias out of the media.

POKERKAT
Forum Regular

Post by POKERKAT »

Masks are the one of the only and easiest things we can do to help control this virus. It doesn't matter whether you are in church, gambling or protesting.....wear a damn mask. If we had been religious about this in the first place, we would be further along, flattening the curve and maybe salvaging the economy. We didn't do well as a country. This is real and it is awful. Protect yourselves and others.