McCarron to Golden Nugget....Uber or Lyft?

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
rayj

McCarron to Golden Nugget....Uber or Lyft?

Post by rayj »

So, how much of a pain in the ass is getting an Uber or Lyft? From what I have heard, they do not
pick up at the arrivals? We'll be arriving in Terminal 1 (American Airlines).

Is there a preference...Uber or Lyft? I'll take all the info you can give me.

Thanks,

Ray

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I have only used Uber but they both pick up at the same place. It's pretty easy.

From baggage, just go up to level 2 and cross the walking bridge to T1 Parking. The Ride Share signs will lead the way. It took me forever to get used to the term "Ride Share" for some reason. :)

On your return, they can drop you off right at the normal Departures area. They've organized pickup areas in most airports, hotels etc to avoid tons of cars waiting in the entry and no-wait zones. It works pretty well most places.

rayj

Post by rayj »

Thanks Eduardo.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I only used ride shares a few times when I lived there, but I developed a preference for Lyft.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

I've had a near flawless experience with Uber, but have never used Lyft so can't compare. What did you prefer about it?

I assumed they would be pretty much exactly the same other than maybe comparing the price of the same trip on both apps before booking, but I didn't want to manage two apps. I realize it's probably a low amount of time to check both, but I just like to keep things simple sometimes.

I would certainly be open to switching. I can't think of anything more I'd want out of Uber, but maybe I just don't know what I'm missing. What were the main differences?

Jstark
Video Poker Master

Post by Jstark »

We've always just used the buses.

Sea Lion

Post by Sea Lion »

https://www.goldennugget.com/las-vegas/ ... questions/

... there is an airport shuttle available. The cost is $11.00 one-way or $20.00 round trip. Their booth is located outside Terminal 1 baggage claim door 12 and outside Terminal 3 baggage claim door 52. The reservation site for Golden Nugget is www.GoldenNuggetAirport.com and can also be contacted at 702-472-8688.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Eduardo wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:26 am
I've had a near flawless experience with Uber, but have never used Lyft so can't compare. What did you prefer about it?

I assumed they would be pretty much exactly the same other than maybe comparing the price of the same trip on both apps before booking, but I didn't want to manage two apps. I realize it's probably a low amount of time to check both, but I just like to keep things simple sometimes.

I would certainly be open to switching. I can't think of anything more I'd want out of Uber, but maybe I just don't know what I'm missing. What were the main differences?
The drivers. I thought the Lyft drivers were friendlier, more prone to conversate, and didn't seem as rushed. As I said, it was a limited sampling.

rayj

Post by rayj »

Unfortunately we had to cancel our trip as we both contracted fucking Covid!

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

rayj wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:56 am
Unfortunately we had to cancel our trip as we both contracted fucking Covid!
That's indeed, unfortunate. Is that a new strain of Covid you contracted? - usually, it's spread in other ways.