Laughlin Article -- Back to Old Vegas

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Laughlin Article -- Back to Old Vegas

Post by OTABILL »

The sub-title in the newspaper is Affordable Laughlin has that old-school Vegas vibe -- and riverfront views.

A very good review of the entire Laughlin scene.

Gambling on the cheap? Bet on Laughlin

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

Thanks for the interesting articles. Sweet C and I love Laughlin. Our first trip several years ago we realized we were the "youngsters" ( we were in our late 50's) but we loved it even during the heat. I even had one those "interesting experiences" coming inside from outside I began to sweat profusely, didn't realize it was condensation.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

you find the best articles, keep them coming, thanks.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

you find the best articles, keep them coming, thanks.

Thanks.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Thanks for the interesting articles. Sweet C and I love Laughlin. Our first trip several years ago we realized we were the "youngsters" ( we were in our late 50's) but we loved it even during the heat. I even had one those "interesting experiences" coming inside from outside I began to sweat profusely, didn't realize it was condensation.

Thanks. Laughlin is an interesting place. Unfortunately, the last two times we went we had bad experiences at Harrahs with dirty, unkempt rooms assigned to us. One of these days, we will probably drive back. As far as the heat is concerned, not any different than metro Phoenix.

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

[QUOTE=Lucky Larry] Thanks for the interesting articles. Sweet C and I love Laughlin. Our first trip several years ago we realized we were the "youngsters" ( we were in our late 50's) but we loved it even during the heat. I even had one those "interesting experiences" coming inside from outside I began to sweat profusely, didn't realize it was condensation.

Thanks. Laughlin is an interesting place. Unfortunately, the last two times we went we had bad experiences at Harrahs with dirty, unkempt rooms assigned to us. One of these days, we will probably drive back. As far as the heat is concerned, not any different than metro Phoenix.[/QUOTE]

We found the heat very different from the high temperature with our Houston/Gulf Coast 90-100% humidity. Better luck your next trip. Wish id didn't cost so much to fly out there.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

[QUOTE=OTABILL] [QUOTE=Lucky Larry] Thanks for the interesting articles. Sweet C and I love Laughlin. Our first trip several years ago we realized we were the "youngsters" ( we were in our late 50's) but we loved it even during the heat. I even had one those "interesting experiences" coming inside from outside I began to sweat profusely, didn't realize it was condensation.

Thanks. Laughlin is an interesting place. Unfortunately, the last two times we went we had bad experiences at Harrahs with dirty, unkempt rooms assigned to us. One of these days, we will probably drive back. As far as the heat is concerned, not any different than metro Phoenix.[/QUOTE]

We found the heat very different from the high temperature with our Houston/Gulf Coast 90-100% humidity. Better luck your next trip. Wish id didn't cost so much to fly out there.[/QUOTE]

We should have better luck with a hotel room on the next trip as we won't stay at Harrahs.   

Regarding temperature and humidity, I couldn't agree more. 105 here is more comfortable than 95 back east where I used to live. Your experience regarding coming indoors reminds of a phenomena we encounter regularly. That is getting out of the swimming pool after dark when the air temperature is a above 100. Because of the dry air, the water evaporating from one's skin makes one feel cold. Need to have a towel nearby.

bruno1111
Forum Newbie

Post by bruno1111 »

Laughlin is a fun place, for sure when you want to get a break from the Las Vegas scene. I was somewhat disappointed with the video poker payouts as I thought they would better.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Laughlin is a fun place, for sure when you want to get a break from the Las Vegas scene. I was somewhat disappointed with the video poker payouts as I thought they would better.
Where did you play?

POKERKAT
Forum Regular

Post by POKERKAT »

Article interesting. We are actually going to Laughlin tomorrow. We plan to get some jet skiing trips during the day and hit the poker machines at night.
It is different than Vegas. We stay at the Riverside, rooms are comped, points can be used for food. We love the balconies that overlook the river. Since my hubby doesn't play as much as me, the Riverside offers movies and lots of classic cars to check out.   We are never bored there. Just a walk along the river is interesting.
I play at the Riverside and Aquarius and find the machines are comparable to Vegas.
Not a fancy place, go with different expectations.