my vegas trip

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
doris13
Video Poker Master

my vegas trip

Post by doris13 »

returned this morning from 5 days in vegas.i guess october is the time to go,boy was it crowded.no big wins like my last 2 trips but lots of quads,and bonus quads with and without kickers.sorry to say the linq has removed all my favorite triple poker machines but 3 so i have now crossed them off my "must play there" list.had a great time,beautiful room in the jubilee tower of ballys and my flights were pretty much on time.worse part of the trip was the endless trek thru the united terminal in vegas.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

October was one of my favorite times to be there, too, Doris. Glad you had a nice time; it's ALWAYS worth the wait...

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I'm glad to hear you had a nice trip doris and the lotharios left you alone. And yes, October is a nice month to be out there.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Nice trip Doris and I am glad you so enjoyed it. I bet Vman could have written several pages and posted photos about the semi nightmare going through the United Terminal. I still think Vman has missed his calling and should be producing Travelogues sort of like the show " River Monsters " which he could rename Gambling Monsters... I hope us posters at least get a discount when he opens up for business. I know what my first suggestion will be...Get rid of my dumb phone and get with it with a Smart Phone. Hope you are still enjoying your Caddy Doris. In case you take a trip up this way for the scenery which is peaking now, give me a holler.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

love my caddy olds and it enjoys the runs i give it to AC,lol.the united terminal is not a semi nightmare it is a complete nightmare.i swear it's easily a 2 mile trek just to get to the baggage claim and then you go to a miles long taxi line.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

love my caddy olds and it enjoys the runs i give it to AC,lol.the united terminal is not a semi nightmare it is a complete nightmare.i swear it's easily a 2 mile trek just to get to the baggage claim and then you go to a miles long taxi line.doris, why dont you request assistance from the airport staff?  you are perfectly entitled to having a airport porter push you in a wheelchair, or provide you with a temporary "scooter", or drive you around in a golf cart/mobility cart that frequently are found in large spacious airports!!     Also, what happened to the terminal's "taxi", a large, elongated, 8 seat specially designed golf cart that roves up and down the length of the terminal every 15 minutes like a in-house BUS service????    If you did not see it I would imagine it might have been CUT due to budgetary Bullsheeet......my point is there are options so that people like you do not need to exert themselves and put themselves at risk for a heart attack or some injury!!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Doris I was unaware until now that you may have a handicap. If you ever fly into one of Chicago's 2 major airports I will gladly assist you with whatever mobility issues you may encounter.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

i do not need assistance,what they need to do is bring back the moving walkways to make it easier for us "older"folks.mccarron does not have the golf cart they only have wheelchairs.united also needs to realize that putting 6 planes worth of luggage on 1 carousel is beyond stupid.i don't plan on flying to chicago any time soon but thanks for the offer ted.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

with the prominence of golf courses in the Vegas area (and surrounding outlying communities).  you'd think SOMEONE had a spare golf cart they could lend McCarron Air Pit one or two