Bonus Poker in Las Vegas

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
Purzel
Forum Rookie

Bonus Poker in Las Vegas

Post by Purzel »

Hi

I am wondering how popular Bonus Poker is in Las Vegas ? Is that one of the more played games ? Are there players that are specialized on Bonus Poker ? I know according to Bob Dancers VP for winner that DDB is most played game in Nevada . Wish we would have FP Bonus Poker im Colorado .

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

I'd say it's fairly popular, maybe even the 2nd most popular, but still decently far behind DDB. And it one of the easier games to find at "full pay" (8/5). Particularly downtown and off-strip.

lambo
Forum Newbie

Post by lambo »

I curious how people have fared using Bob Fa La La La La.... La la la la's methods. I overall have done pretty well.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

I curious how people have fared using Bob Fa La La La La.... La la la la's methods. I overall have done pretty well.

You mean Rob? Or do you mean Bob Dancer?

Rob picked that name to spoof Bob.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I really miss the 8/5 Bonus poker that was yanked out of Mohegan Sun several years ago. Although there is no shortage of 9/6 jacks still at Mohegan, I liked the Bonus game because after a long losing day, you could come back with just a couple of hits either on the aces or the low card quads. That may be why they did get rid of it. Not really sure because the long term take for the house is slightly better on the Bonus game than 9/6 job. My best ever run on the 8/5 Bonus game was in fact at Mohegan where I hit quad aces 5 times in an hour. I hit my share of Royals on the game too, but those days are gone. I see why so many people do play DDB, but if the quads aren't hitting, the 2 pair penalty will evaporate your stake for the day like an ice cube on a hot sidewalk.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

according to Bob Dancers VP for winner DDB is most played game in Nevada .----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yikes. LV must be awash in sore losers!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I see why so many people do play DDB, but if the quads aren't hitting,
the 2 pair penalty will evaporate your stake for the day like an ice
cube on a hot sidewalk.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A 42 variance will do just that most of the time! I prefer to grind away on my humble little 19.5 variance game and end each session ever so slightly positive. I would appreciate two quads in fifteen minutes to prevent total profit erosion!

royal flush
Video Poker Master

Post by royal flush »

and most ddb is 1+ percent negative

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I'd also fear being arrested for destroying the machine on the usual DDB cold streak.