Vegas cabs overcharging public

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
kfed
Forum Rookie

Vegas cabs overcharging public

Post by kfed »

Article says Las Vegas area cabs are overcharging by $47 million per year.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ ... 47-million

pjmaui
Forum Regular

Post by pjmaui »

Uber has arrived.

amused
Forum Newbie

Post by amused »

I Love Uber!

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

The cab system in Vegas is totally RIGGED....use Atlantic Cities cabs instead!!Oh crap, wait a sec........

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

I saw a clip on tv one day when the Vegas cabs were staging a protest against Uber. They had signs and were marching back and forth. On the other side of the street was a lone picketer with a sign that read:

"Keep on long-hauling
I will use Uber"

JT
Forum Regular

Post by JT »

And in other news, water is wet and Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Post of the day JT.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

After reading (and hearing) about the horrible events recently in Kalamazoo, whereof  an  UBER driver went "Uber" himself  and chose to exercise his 2nd Amendment rights by proceeding to RANDOMLY shoot and kill numerous people (6 confirmed dead, a few additional wounded I think) in between picking up and ..... "dropping off"  actual, real Uber customers!It is obvious the 6 victims, EVEN if they had each been individually armed with a handgun exercising THEIR OWN 2nd Amendment rights , would NOT have been any better off.   Nope....the Uber A-hole was too quick.... too sudden...... too randomly "cool" in his horrible business to allow even the most aggressive, most ALERT, and most eager-to-shoot-back-at-anyone-shooting-at-me of the victims a chance to shoot back.I'm sorry, but the HORROR of these events in Kalamazoo really Dwarf the issue of this thread, namely the issue of TaxiCabs (the sworn enemy/opposite of Uber), whether in vegas or anywhere, being worth what they purport to charge us for taking us "hither and thither."    I will gladly pay the extra dough since cab drivers are vetted-licensed-monitored and thus, ACCOUNTABLE, at least in US cities like VEGAS where they are an important and integral part of the whole scene/system....this means that the city(ies) are OBLIGED to give a due amount of vigilance to who they allow to drive a taxicab.   Are the cities perfect in hiring Cab drivers?  No, but they are Wayyyyy ahead of Uber in terms of monitoring who (or WHAT) they allow to operate .......The Uber "Uber" shooter from kalamazoo was (obviously) NOT vetted, not monitored and only "licensed" with respect to being able to Kill, which is to say licensed to have and carry around that emblem of his "God given, American brand freedom"; that item which proves he has reached MANHOOD and that he is truly...... "a man";  that device which is supposed to indicate to other would-be "bad guys" (which in this case turned out to be He himself....oops)  that he is not someone to be messed with....namely his handgun/pistol.Flipping ridiculous

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Oh God.....