Bad Omen?

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
Lionqueen

Bad Omen?

Post by Lionqueen »

My daughter & I are heading to Vegas early tomorrow morning for our annual trip. We were going to the store and notice she has a completely flat tire. We get in my car and the power train light comes on and it starts lurching. So my husband gets to drive us at 4:30 am 65 miles to the airport. I have a bad feeling about this trip like maybe Someone is trying to tell us something? 😱🙏🏼

Who would go & who would call it off? Just curious. 🤓

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

If I can't get all my money back for the trip, I'm definitely going.

And I tend to look at it this way...you're getting the bad luck out of the way early! Hope you have better luck on the trip!

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

are you kidding, all the bad luck has been used up....GO!

best of luck and have a safe trip.

Lionqueen

Post by Lionqueen »

Ok you talked me into it. Ha! Ha! Thanks for the encouragement and pointing out the thing about getting the bad luck out of the way as I hadn't thought of that.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Lionqueen If it were me; I'm going. Good luck to you and your daughter on your trip.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Crazy long airport drive! Good luck. 

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

Crazy long airport drive! Good luck. 

Indeed......damn, 65  Miles!!?!?!?!?!      wow........is there a shuttle service you can call at a reasonable price?    What airport are we talking about exactly and from what city????I myself am truly lucky, or "blessed" perhaps........I live only 15 miles from the airport (Omar Bradley International Airport)........no exasperating big city traffic congestion to deal with either, EVER!

Lionqueen

Post by Lionqueen »

It's the price you pay for living in a small town in a big state.

My bad luck continued for the first 3 days with a whole lot of nothing but turned around our last night and won it all back and actually came home with a profit. There is a lot to be said about taking breaks and I took a lot of them (I had no choice). My best wins the first days were dealt 2's with kicker on $1 DDB and Aces no kicker.

I finally hit a Royal on 50 cents then 2's with kicker on $1 TDB, and dealt 2's on Triple Play $1 but no kicker. I was ahead so decided to play $100 on a $5 DDB machine in the high limit room just so I could use the private ladies room. I hit a $4,000 jackpot (2's with kicker). Those 2's saved me!! And I had enough self restraint for a change to finish out the original $100 and leave. The $5 machines scare me.

And it turned out my car was an easy fix with just had some clogged sensors. Major luck!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Way to go Lionqueen, you had good luck on your trip and you had good luck with your car. I've never ventured into $5.00 denom territory but I have dipped a toe into $2.00 denom. Congrats again.

Lionqueen

Post by Lionqueen »

Thank you. That is probably the second time I've played $5 and was really nervous. I stay away from high limits because I know one big win can get you hooked which is how I've come to play dollars. 🙄