Questions about Safety in Las Vegas

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
Purzel
Forum Rookie

Questions about Safety in Las Vegas

Post by Purzel »

Hello!

We will be in Las Vegas next week and I have family coming in from overseas ,they stay at a hotel on Paradise/Flamingo and we will stay at the 4 queens hotel downtown. How is the safety in downtown LV and where my family will stay ? To commute we found a good bus road to get from point A and B.

Thank you

Deloradeuces18
Forum Regular

Post by Deloradeuces18 »

I have never felt unsafe on either the strip or downtown Fremont area. There are always plenty of people around and it doesn't feel unsafe at all. I wouldn't walk down an alley or empty side street late at night, but there should be no need for that. Use your common sense and you should be fine.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Paradise Rd.& Flamingo Rd. is off the beaten path and because of this the panhandlers may be a bit more agressive. But if your family is traveling together as a group this shouldn't be as big an issue if there were just 1 or 2 people.

As for downtown/Freemont St. you'll be safer staying near Freemont Street. It gets a bit seedy a few blocks to the north and east; there is an area where the homeless congregate and tied in to this is there is a presence of drug activity.Both selling and using. The North Las Vegas Police Dept.does what they can, the best they can. If you do drive to Freemont St.; take advantage of valet parking when you can because walking down parking tower dark staircases is not such a good idea.

Just use good commom sense, don't give in to the panhandlers, and don't make yourself a target.

Good luck to you on your trip.

Purzel
Forum Rookie

Post by Purzel »

thank you very much for these kind answers

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I would be leery of walking from Paradise and Flamingo to the strip. Or vice versa.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Walking to the Strip from Paradise & Flamingo would be a pretty good stretch of the legs. In the daytime it would be a chore and at night it would be a risky chore.