Bucket list buffet

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Re: Bucket list buffet

Post by EDC1977 »

@Mightwin: You've been in and around the LV area enough to know both the good and bad buffets. I know I have. I won't comment other than y'all need to try the Sterling. It's better to splurge rather than penny-pinch your way through a bad setup.

mightwin

Post by mightwin »

Heading back on the 19th of August. Can't wait.

I keep reading reviews just for fun. I get upset at the lousy reviews. My guess is either they want to try to get a free meal, or the people are even more negative than me in their outlook on life.

Every one has a bad day. The beauty of a buffet is if you don't like something, you leave it on your plate and go back for another choice.

One reviewer said their champagne glass was empty for 3 minutes - heaven forbid. I'm guessing there was more than just that person in the restaurant. It's always packed when I go.

I'll report back honestly from my next visit.

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

Good luck on your August trip and yes, please report. May the poker gods smile upon you.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Heading back on the 19th of August. Can't wait
You must LOVE the heat... I never consider Vegas from mid-May thru Sept-end... My plans for 9/30 thru 10/4 fell through but will report on my dining experience whenever I have a chance to get there CAN'T WAIT!!!!

mightwin

Post by mightwin »

I lived in Las Vegas for a few years. You go from the air conditioned apartment, to the air conditioned car, to the air conditioned destination. 130 degrees in some of the parking garages - but hopefully it's only a short walk to the elevator.

In the spring I went to a bakery outlet - they had potholders on the door. I told the clerk - how cute that is. She said come back in a month. Meaning you'd burn your hand on the handles.

It's 99 degrees today in Albuquerque. What's another 15 degrees? The difference is a swamp cooler versus real air conditioning.

I'm still looking forward to my dinner and Las Vegas trip. Hope you get to go soon after.

Royals for everyone.

Mrsfrog
Forum Newbie

Post by Mrsfrog »

Planning a trip to Las Vegas to meet up with my youngest. Suggestions on good buffet. My son is not a fan of "fine dining". We are planning to do the Tournament of Kings diner theater. But no other plans for food.

mightwin

Post by mightwin »

The Sterling Brunch is only on Sundays. It's expensive, but worth it. Lobster, shrimp, crab legs, filet mignon, lamb chops, chicken, salmon, some sushi, salads, lovely desserts.

I also like the Wynn's buffet or Terrace Cafe (their coffee shop) for great food. The M's buffet is great - but it's well away from the strip towards California. You go a few miles past Luxor, past South Coast, and keep going. My hidden gem is the steak house in the Fremont - 2nd Street Grill right next to the Tony Roma's.

This trip I hope to try the Peppermill and Bobby Flay's burger joint.

Royals for everyone.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

maybe!!!!!!!!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

I will b there maybe. sounds v good

advantage playe
Video Poker Master