Bucket list buffet

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Re: Bucket list buffet

Post by advantage playe »

3 or more days.

mightwin

Post by mightwin »

Good luck. I was just thinking - next week this time I'll be in Las Vegas.

I hope you have great luck and lots of fun.

If you don't know already - you can purchase a 3-day ride pass on the bus. That's a great deal - it goes up and down the strip about every 15-20 minutes, downtown, to both outlet malls, and the airport. It's entertaining watching both locals and tourist, gamblers and drunks. Bets paying $20 for a two block cab ride.

Royals for everyone.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

I wish YOU great luck and lots of fun...

Bon Appetit

mightwin

Post by mightwin »

Thank you for the luck. Too bad it wasn't with me in Las Vegas. August is hot 108 degrees most days. The best deal in Vegas was the illegal vendors on people bridges with ice cold water for a $1.

Went Sunday to Sterling Brunch. It was fantastic, as usual. The lobster tails were still big enough to actually have something to cut into at least 6 large bites each. The filet mignon I chose were cooked to perfection. I had some crab legs that weren't really up to the work you put in to cracking them. But the shrimp were huge and cooked perfectly. The gentlemen next to me got a bloody mary and had everything sticking out of it except the kitchen sink. My champagne glass was never empty - I don't know how much I really drank. Coffee you could really taste - rich flavor. Waiter was great and liked to play with the diners. He filled another gentlemen's champagne glass to the rim just to see if he could sip without spilling. Skipped the caviar, but it was still there - right next to the sushi I also didn't eat. I wanted to try the lamb chops, but had another lobster tail instead. The dessert all looked beautiful - like a work of art. Small enough portions to get several or pile a plate full if you left room. Since I'm a girl - got a rose on the way out. It's worth the price to me. Lovely place to enjoy a great meal. They don't rush you off the table. They seem to want you to stay. You have to ask for the check - part of not feeling rushed.

I did look closer at the bar - I only saw high chairs - but it seats about 18 people. People looked like they were having fun with the bartenders that had 2 bottles of champagne at almost all time, pouring away.

The place was packed at my reservation time of 11:45a. People were hovering outside to wait for an open bar seat.

To my right was a couple that were there for a while. He looked like he was trying to impress his date. Playing Mr. Important - too bad he drank so much he wasn't making sense anymore when I got there. She just kept on eating and would laugh at him every once in a while. Betcha they don't go out again. It was entertaining to me - eating alone.

I will still make sure I plan reservations for the Sterling Brunch if I'm in Las Vegas on a Sunday for future trips.

I hope you enjoy if you splurge on this buffet.

I also wish royals for everyone. I left mine in Las Vegas so they're waiting for you.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Sorry you didn't have better luck, Twin... It's doubtful I make it back this year but you NEVER KNOW (winking) Thank you for the topic starter; I'm not sure If I would've ever gone before reading such rave reviews. (winking x 2) lol

mightwin

Post by mightwin »

Looking forward to going December 23rd on my next Las Vegas trip.

Christmas was my Mom's favorite holiday. Since she's been gone - it's not the same. Since I'm usually alone at Christmas I set up my trip right over the holiday. I might as well be in my favorite place on Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all and royals for everyone.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

merry christmas mightwin.i hope your trip to vegas is profitable

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

mightwin wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:35 am
Looking forward to going December 23rd on my next Las Vegas trip.

Christmas was my Mom's favorite holiday. Since she's been gone - it's not the same. Since I'm usually alone at Christmas I set up my trip right over the holiday. I might as well be in my favorite place on Christmas.

Merry Christmas to all and royals for everyone.
I wish I couldn't relate but I can... My trips to Vegas are not the same without her, too; never at Christmas, but missing her SO MUCH...

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

i too can relate.my mother passed away 3 weeks before christmas 5 years ago.one of our favorites things to do at christmas time was to watch santa come thru every christmas eve.i can finally watch him again without crying.it will never be the same but it does get better.

mightwin

Post by mightwin »

Thank you both. My first trip to Las Vegas without my Mom was my best trip winning. I think she was staying behind me the entire time. Got my first royal flush on that trip. I'm sure Dad was right there too - or Mom wouldn't have know which card to help with.

Every time Mom and I saw the advertising for the Sterling Brunch we would make fun of it. Back in the day it was $75 per person. We couldn't believe someone would pay $75 for brunch (really just a fancier breakfast). If I would have known it had lobster tails I would have insisted dragging Mom to it. She would have loved it.

My first trip after Mom died was supposed to be our trip together. She passed just before it. I went by myself and the first breakfast without her I just broke down and cried half way through. I made up my mind to drive home the next day. Got all dolled up and went that night for a fancy meal. After dinner went and played $20 in a nickle slot, poof gone. Moved to quarter slot - $20 gone even faster. Tried my luck on a quarter video poker machine and won a few hundred. Moved to $1 progressive slot and won the highest progressive on the row. Needless to say I did not go home, but continued with the vacation. Went in to the Wynn for the first time and hit my first royal on a progressive - over five grand. After that every machine I played, I won something. Instead of $20's I was using $100's to start. I even came home with money that trip. That hardly ever happens.

I'm looking forward to my trip. I land about 11a and have reservations at 1p for brunch. I even know what my first plate will be - 2 lobster tails and some shrimp.

Let's hope every one gets a Christmas royal.