Just another day in Paradise.

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
billryan
Video Poker Master

Just another day in Paradise.

Post by billryan »

Now that the summer heat has broken, the weather in the Valley just can't be beat.
Henderson has an amazing system of walking and hiking trails, well designed for older users.
Boulder City also has spectacular trails but they are a bit more challenging.
Took my dog for a quick hike before meeting friends for brunch at a dog friendly eatery.
It's well over two years since I moved here, but every time I hit a summit and the whole valley is laid out before me, I still can't believe I'm here.
Uprooting ones self thousands of miles to pursue a passion is hard. It would have been easy to stay in NY, but then I'd never know what I want to be when I grow up.
Last night, I was at a show where a young performer brought the house down singing a song I'd never heard of, called A Million Dreams.
Listening to it, it struck me hard.
I truly live in the world I used to have to close my eyes to see.
If we could just get an ocean a bit closer, this would truly be paradise.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

Hey billy, u sound pretty happy!Always thank GOD for his blessings!!

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

getting the ocean closer is a tall order!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Waiting on the big one in California. Pahrump will be a beachfront resort.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Sounds like you made the right decision. At one point I thought I would retire to Las Vegas as well. May still happen, but now have grandkids here in Monmouth county NJ and still have a business that is too good to give up. So I deal with the winters as best as I can. They are not brutal, but just a pain in the ass. Similar to Long Island.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I'm sure I made the right choice.
I'd heard the medical choices here were limited, but I can't say anything bad about my personal experiences.
NYC is five hours away. Close enough for me.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

hey billy u said in another thread u never seen a germ so u don't need medical coverage!!lol!or the gaming comm.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

64 degrees this morning. Hilarious to see some people jogging in shorts while others wear winter coats.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

billryan wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:48 am
I'm sure I made the right choice.
I'd heard the medical choices here were limited, but I can't say anything bad about my personal experiences.
NYC is five hours away. Close enough for me.
Always go to the UNLV hospital....never EVER go to the hospital over by the stratosphere. I worked in and around Vegas for almost 14 years (1992-2005), and while I lived in LA and San Fran, I spent enough time in vegas during those years where it was essentially a second (or third) home. True, it's changed in the last decade, but trust me, avoid that hospital over by the Strat (it was so awful i forgot it's official name)

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Um, the Guadalupe Medical Center? That's the nearest hospital over by the "Strat."