AC Resolution

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
Webman
Video Poker Master

Re: AC Resolution

Post by Webman »

billryan wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:09 pm
I believe it was Tex Antwon who said- When rape is inevitable, you might as well enjoy it.
I've heard several people make similar statements over the years, and I don't think it's ever been meant literally. Even still, rape is obviously an awful thing that should never be discussed lightly. Let's try to be sensitive to that and refrain from similar references in the future. Thanks.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

can someone explain to me how a thread about AC Resolution has anything to do with a disgusting quote about rape?

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

as I said, for that inconsiderate and inappropriate statement tex was sent to the gallows !!!!!!!!!!rape is a very horrible act !!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Webman wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:59 am
billryan wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:09 pm
I believe it was Tex Antwon who said- When rape is inevitable, you might as well enjoy it.
I've heard several people make similar statements over the years, and I don't think it's ever been meant literally. Even still, rape is obviously an awful thing that should never be discussed lightly. Let's try to be sensitive to that and refrain from similar references in the future. Thanks.
Of course it's not meant to be literal. It's a metaphor for trying to make the best of a bad situation. In the military, it's something one might say in a hairy situation. Gallows humour, so to speak.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

A disgusting quote about rape is something one might say in a hairy situation?not in my world

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

doris13 wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:47 pm
A disgusting quote about rape is something one might say in a hairy situation?not in my world
Your "world" only exists because hard people make tough choices. Be thankful you don't have to make them yourself.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I imagine that there are many other quotes about bad situations (When life gives you lemons; make lemonade) that could have been used besides the one chosen by the poster.

Rape is not simply a "hairy situation" and "Our World" only exists because the right people made the right tough choices;not only doris's World.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

This forum is rife with insensitive, callous, keyboard bullies. My original FU to those individuals here stands. Please don't reply to my threads again. Have a nice life.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

hey billryan,by any chance is your real name harvey.i hope someday the "metoo" movement people find you.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

doris13 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:26 am
hey billryan,by any chance is your real name harvey.i hope someday the "metoo" movement people find you.
I hope they find me too. What made up nonsense will you accuse me of?
Someone posts something that offends you so you throw out a baseless accusation. Very nice. I'm sure tossing around fake allegations will do wonders for the movement.
You can't have a conversation, so you just sit there and accuse me of some sex crime because your sensibility is upset.