Dinner spots

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Re: Dinner spots

Post by advantage playe »

that picture by jeter makes me hungry !! looks delicisous ! still cant spell.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Had a nice lunch on Friday when a busboy drops a tray and ketchup flies all over the place. Get a little on my sweater-no big deal due for the dry cleaner anyway, but they comp the entire meal and 4 drinks. Tell our waitress you didn't have to do that, but she says yes they did. So left her a $30 tip on what would have been about a $75-$80 bill.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

nice tip !!!! I always like tipping generously,these people work hard, some are single moms working and raising there kids. GOD will not be out done in generousity !!!!!!!!!!!!

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Carcounter wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:02 am
Had a nice lunch on Friday when a busboy drops a tray and ketchup flies all over the place. Get a little on my sweater-no big deal due for the dry cleaner anyway, but they comp the entire meal and 4 drinks. Tell our waitress you didn't have to do that, but she says yes they did. So left her a $30 tip on what would have been about a $75-$80 bill.
Good deed Car. We always tip what would be 20% at least when meals are comped. Always burns me when folks with comped meals don't tip because is no bill. They must think the tip is included with the comp.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

In the old Sands, my friend had what amounted to an unlimited comp. We went to the Brighton steakhouse and had a wonderful meal. I had no room for desert but my friend is asking the server which dessert is her favorite. She says the NY Cheesecake. So he orders two for the table and four pieces to go. When it comes, he makes a big deal of giving the to go bag to the waitress telling he she did a great job and how much he appreciated her work. The bill comes and I offer to leave the tip. He tells me he already took care of her .
Some people really need a good slap in the head.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

I agree. By the way the wait staff at the Knife and Fork are great people. The young woman who waited on us was a new Mom who had previously worked till I think she was 7-8 months pregnant. We always take good care of them.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Managers love to do a pre check sweep to ask about the experience. Not entirely sincere tip influence move imo.