can't drink your alcohol in the pool?

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

can't drink your alcohol in the pool?

Post by stevel96a1 »

but you can in LV? anyone know the reasoning behind this?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I think it may have something to do with elevated pH levels and atomic number 17 in the water.

That's just my opinion and in the sense of full disclosure: I don't drink alcohol.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

I feel sorry for people who don't drink , the way they feel when they wake up in the morning , that is as good as they are going to feel all day !!!!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

advantage playe wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:24 am
I feel sorry for people who don't drink , the way they feel when they wake up in the morning , that is as good as they are going to feel all day !!!!
Compared to what? Someone waking up in the morning(?), err, late morning possibly, feeling like crap and swearing that they are not going to drink alcohol just to go out later that night and drink again? Again; waking up the next morning(?), err, late morning possibly, feeling like crap and swearing that they are not going to drink alcohol just to go out later that night and drink again? Do you recognize a pattern?

Not speaking of those extra special ties when they wake up having no clue what so ever of what they did the night before.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Tedlark wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:02 am
advantage playe wrote:
Compared to what? Someone waking up in the morning(?), err, late morning possibly, feeling like crap and swearing that they are not going to drink alcohol just to go out later that night and drink again? Again; waking up the next morning(?), err, late morning possibly, feeling like crap and swearing that they are not going to drink alcohol just to go out later that night and drink again? Do you recognize a pattern?

Not speaking of those extra special ties when they wake up having no clue what so ever of what they did the night before.

You say it as if it is a bad thing.
My Grandfather had a sign on his wall that said he trusts a man who lies over drinks more than a man who lies about his drinking.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I stopped completely January 1, 1995 and I can provide notarized affidavits for those doubters.

How a person treats their body is their business until it affects me.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

i quit drinking about 30 years ago and don't miss it.i feel great all day long,no headaches,blurred vision or slurred words.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

advantage playe wrote:
I feel sorry for people who don't drink , the way they feel when they wake up in the morning , that is as good as they are going to feel all day !!!! the above is a quote from either dean martin or frank Sinatra .I sort of agree with it. I was trying to be a little funny, sorry I forgot how very very very serious this conversation is.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Nothing to apologize for, as discerning culture vultures like ourselves will easily recognize this hilarious Martin quote. Amazing how many people are so easily triggered. I won’t explicitly call out any one person a snowflake, but if the shoe fits...

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

In the late seventies/early 80s, the Surgeon General released a report on health in America. Buried therein and not publicized was the finding that people who had one drink a day lived longer than those who didn't drink. Those that had two drinks a day had about the same lifespan as teetotalers. Make sense when looking at the Mediterranean diet where wine is a part of dinner for many in the area. Smoking and second hand smoke is different. The latter definitely shortens the average lifespan of those who smoke.