Sports Book Bummer

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
FAA
Video Poker Master

Sports Book Bummer

Post by FAA »

I won my first NFL AC wager today and am 1-6 lifetime. I bet the Giants-Lions >49.5. As expected, the shootout materialized. Once these defenseless car wrecks hit 50 in the fourth quarter, I hit the window. I was told that the game must be “graded” before any payments would be made. What an inconvenience. Just glance at the scoreboard. I know there are stringent checks and balances. But they needlessly drag out the process.
I must hit Happy Hour in the future! I returned to VP for a second quad. I got it, but -$17. Sack, fumble and turn over $17 of my $18 bet profit.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Congrats on your small victory at the sports book FAA. I've never placed a wager at a sports book so I'm no expert but it may be slightly illegal to pay off a wager before the end of a game. I could be wrong though.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

This is likely the issue. But those fifty points will not be forfeited by any means. I have clearly placed six wagers too many at the sports book. No knack for it. It’s a step above slots. Maybe a half step.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

Had a friend bet $100 Yankees would get over 100 wins for 2019 season. He tried to cash ticket when they had 101, told him to come back when season was over.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Thanks Jeter. What counterintuitive claptrap. But rules are rules. What was his net?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Good call FAA. On Saturday bet a parlay OSU/Wisconsin under 47.5, Penn St/MSU under 42.5. Bet $50 and won $129. I like the over/under bets. had to sweat the OSU game, but pulled it out.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Over/Under are fun. It’s great to not be invested in a winner. Just score, baby! Just crank out or suppress points. I also had to sweat until the fourth quarter. Held hostage by Book. But great to get into the winner’s column.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Over/Under are fun. Great to not be invested in a winner. Just score, baby! Just crank out or suppress points. I also had to sweat until the fourth quarter. Held hostage by Book. Nice to get into the winner’s column.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

sports betting is beatable long run if u know what u are doing ! I wish I knew what I was doing !!! lol !

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

I look for bad offensives and weather and get a good under number. Knew Wisconsin and Michigan state weren't going to score a lot of points, but Ohio State kept pouring it on