Tight Tropicana

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
FAA
Video Poker Master

Tight Tropicana

Post by FAA »

With some trepidation, I return to the scene of many crimes against my BR tomorrow. It may be a very short stay, given my unfortunate history. Players really get the shaft here. The good news is knowing that Bally's is just a shuttle or jitney ride away. Any opinions, preferably from those actually entering city limits during the past twelve months? You know to whom I refer.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Best of luck to you FAA.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

Don’t play VP at Trop. Ever.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Now you tell me! I learned too late. Bad pay tables everywhere I looked! Even worse than last year. They are perpetually cold to begin with. I managed to get $20 from my $20 FP and promptly shuttled to Bally’s. The ancient machines and music aren’t exactly draws either. Hasta la vista, Troppy!

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

FAA wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:12 am
Now you tell me! I learned too late. Bad pay tables everywhere I looked! Even worse than last year. They are perpetually cold to begin with. I managed to get $20 from my $20 FP and promptly shuttled to Bally’s. The ancient machines and music aren’t exactly draws either. Hasta la vista, Troppy!

Hasta la vista? I think you meant adios. :lol:

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Well, okay. See you much later, like when pigs fly. I can’t believe that VP players still tolerate these clunky old horrid pay table machines. TSIF. Plentiful options just up the boardwalk. The sprawling resort complex is compared to Harrah’s. Both are still party HQ.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I braved the 98.4% bar JOB today to kill time. It almost killed me. I was -$155 in eighty minutes at one point. Fortunately, things picked up and I even hit a $75 quad. I still lost. $41 on this fool’s errand. ☹️ But someone was dealt four Aces and kicker.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

FAA wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:00 pm
I can’t believe that VP players still tolerate these clunky old horrid pay table machines.
And yet, less than a month later, back you went!

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:10 pm
I braved the 98.4% bar JOB today to kill time. It almost killed me. I was -$155 in eighty minutes at one point. Fortunately, things picked up and I even hit a $75 quad. I still lost. $41 on this fool’s errand. ☹️ But someone was dealt four Aces and kicker.
I don't ever play JOB but ow did you hit a $75.00 quad? Were you playing Game King single line? What denomination and how many coins were you betting?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

You’re a sharpie; do the math. Schadenfreude Duo is on patrol.