Tight Tropicana

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Re: Tight Tropicana

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:05 am
You’re a sharpie; do the math. Schadenfreude Duo is on patrol.
I did the math. I stopped into Harrah's Joliet to play my freeplay and walked out 40 minutes later +$140.00. Pays for my groceries, daily newspapers, and lunch for the next week.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Daily newspapers? Did you stop by blockbuster for a few videos, as well?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

billryan wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:38 am
Daily newspapers? Did you stop by blockbuster for a few videos, as well?
Ouch.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Aggressive play is often rewarded. I must make adjustments to avoid more middling results. Definitely an ideal goal must be to have a trip cover a week of expenses. If you retain that mentality, it is a good driver for BR outcomes. I no longer enjoy wasting a trip as much as I did.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

They warn players that comps may be yanked due to lack of play before processing them. Well, that free pillow last week almost cost me $15. They restored it after my card center bellyache, but warned me to keep up my rating. Fat chance. That reckless level of play is courting disaster. I’d rather hop in the 1950s car parked outside Cuba Libre and plea for asylum.

LovePlusOne
Forum Regular

Post by LovePlusOne »

I have to admit I haven't been back to the Trop in almost a year because of the pandemic. We used to visit there at least one weekend a month for many many years, and were treated very well by our hosts. We only played quarters, but it seemed I usually came home with more money than I went with, whether it was a few dollars or (sometimes) thousands. I found their "rickety" machines to be pretty loose, especially the progressives. I enjoyed Five of a Kind Joker Poker for so many years, and then discovered DDB and that became my favorite. When I was younger, I was able to stay up all night on Saturday nights, coming up when the sun was rising. It was always our Happy Place, but now I miss going so much I dream about it. We can't take a chance because we have health issues, and I really can't see us going back.

I hope you are all lucky and win a bunch of jackpots! The best I can do these days is win on this site. Even that makes me happy :lol: Good luck all!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I love the general atmosphere. But I despise the VP. There’s just something eminently unplayable about it, beyond weak tables. So many long cold cycles. Enough is enough.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

This is as close as VP players should venture. Caesars Playground view just before sunset. Apt photo. VP is always watered down. :lol:
Attachments
D169E093-0BE4-4AD3-A4C3-9D31B76D6AC0.jpeg