Ocean Facelift

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
FAA
Video Poker Master

Ocean Facelift

Post by FAA »

The HL room has shuttered. In its place is the rather ersatz The Cove. While its name is boldly stolen from Harrah’s, it is glitzy and sparkling in every way. Cushy armchairs and couches are at the entrance, presumably for exasperated partners. The two ATMs at the rear were quite busy. It is an unmitigated success for them. VP pay tables still stink.
Attachments
5B3B8E7A-7F70-4D03-89D9-EF861225A4FC.jpeg

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Wait, they removed the 9/6 dollar JOB and the good 99.92% Joker game?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I assume the great Joker went the way of the long gone great JOB. Great dining deals also a goner. I’m not going for the decor and free drinks. They obviously want the resort experience crowd.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

the 99.92% joker game is still there I think ,not certain though ! It is a dollar min machine so 5 dollars a yank , but to play accuaratly takes mucho study ! first I must learn to spell ! I think I need fresh humor material ! feel free to comment good or bad .

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Really? When was the last time you set foot in Ocean? And I don't mean the Atlantic. I wouldn't know about Joker, since I have never played it. But if they wiped out the entire room and its great tables, I doubt that game would somehow survive the facelift.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

How about the forum refrain from commenting about whether a game that, at most, they assume(?) or think(?), may/may not be there and let's let Car actually find out if the game may still be there?

Nice picture though.....

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

FAA wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:50 pm
Really? When was the last time you set foot in Ocean? And I don't mean the Atlantic. I wouldn't know about Joker, since I have never played it. But if they wiped out the entire room and its great tables, I doubt that game would somehow survive the facelift.
VPfree still has the joker game listed ! congrats tedlark on your new job as referee of the forum !!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

VPfree data is notoriously unreliable, depending on players to contribute. Who knows when the last update was entered? Just an FYI. Most molehill threads become mountains on this forum. And most forums probably behave similarly.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Does VPfree have a category for cushy armchairs? Lol.....

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Cove = Money Mausoleum. I wouldn’t dare sit anywhere but the armchairs and couches. I’m a better photographer than gambler. That hand pay has to eventually materialize!