Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

AC Big Jackpots

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Wow, a couple very big hits via the online gaming format.

Thanks for sharing.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Not a big jackpot, but a story from last Friday at Borgata. Playing 9/6 JOB multi strike on my favorite machine. Cold, cold cold. Down $ 750 quickly. Have a 3 PM date with an attractive lady that I don't want to miss, but the machine starts to turn around. Figure, screw it I'll be a little late and run it back up to even. Cash out, get there 15 minutes late and she is still there waiting for me. Guess I know where my priorities lie.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

Carcounter wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:08 am
Not a big jackpot, but a story from last Friday at Borgata. Playing 9/6 JOB multi strike on my favorite machine. Cold, cold cold. Down $ 750 quickly. Have a 3 PM date with an attractive lady that I don't want to miss, but the machine starts to turn around. Figure, screw it I'll be a little late and run it back up to even. Cash out, get there 15 minutes late and she is still there waiting for me. Guess I know where my priorities lie.
Don't you just hate when that happens. Over the years whenever I had to be somewhere. Like a dinner reservation or a show to go to. The machine kicks in and starts a winning streak. :-D

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Staying on a machine long enough for -$750 is alarming, all the more so if it only took a half hour max, which this sounds like. I don’t know how people do it.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:26 am
Staying on a machine long enough for -$750 is alarming, all the more so if it only took a half hour max, which this sounds like. I don’t know how people do it.
Am I missing something? Where did Car say that he lost $750.00 in 30 minutes? Max?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Ted you're right, it wasn't a half , more like one and a half.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Okay. I generously qualified the post with “which this sounds like,” which eluded you. Without the full story, we’re forced into the guesstimate game. Glad to know it was just a $500 hourly fiasco. Before the miracle of the marina recoup.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:45 am
Okay. I generously qualified the post with “which this sounds like,” which eluded you. Without the full story, we’re forced into the guesstimate game. Glad to know it was just a $500 hourly fiasco. Before the miracle of the marina recoup.
Um, no. I'm generously qualifying my answer though.....

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Well, I can only hope to have such a day. Breaking even when the smoke clears is certainly good times.