Return to borgata

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Return to borgata

Post by FAA »

Haven't checked the games at the B-Bar in a while, but they used to have Game Kings with 9/6 JOB and 9/5 SDB. Didn't like playing there because of smoke and sticky buttons from all the spilled drinks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, man, were you ever prescient about that. My 9/6 JOB had one problematic button that just would not hold. I always had to touch the screen to hold that particular card. The dreaded smoke will return next weekend too. I hate sitting on stools too. I was lucky to get on one of the few low top machines and managed to secure a corresponding chair, which are severely lacking. And the guy next to me was pounding double tequilas while monitoring his expensive soccer bet. So, there are quite a few obstacles to playing here. But damn, the bartenders are above and beyond cool and really push the comp drinks. You have got to love the service.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

B Bar is a last resort for me because of all of the above.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I will still be back due to the encouraging machine and nice service. The smoking and a bad session could have me abandoning it for the main floor for subsequent trips. Put some WD-40 on those buttons, Borgata. It shouldn't be that hard if they cared.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

This week my machine had a hold button perpetually blinking. Hey, it coughed up a dealt straight flush. It's a nice enough environment when half empty.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Last 2 Friday afternoons at Borgata have produced so so results. Won $ 100, then lost $200. Interesting thing is that in each 4hr session, I was never up or down more than $250. No streaks of any kind.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Maintenance continues to be an issue. several people tried to play the machine next to me, but neither buttons nor screen would hold cards. What the hell are they thinking? You want people to come back?

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Last 2 Friday afternoons at Borgata have produced so so results. Won $100, then lost $200. In each 4 hr session, I was never up or down more than $250. Maintenance continues to be an issue. Several people tried to play the machine next to me, but neither buttons nor screen would hold cards.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's actually nice to play next to those, since nobody on one side will distract me and I am easily disturbed. Of course, I'd be upset if I was shut out. Maintenance is an age old issue here. Zero oversight. They just do not care to resolve it. I was -$330 in my 100 minute session right before my merciful $250 Straight Flush. In far above my head and frenzied, a frequent situation.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

First time back to Borgata yesterday after the smoking ban was lifted, thankfully it wasn’t as bad as I expected. VP was stagnant to say the least.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Stagnant is the word. The prior trip, I grinded away there for two hours and barely got in the black. I sure hope things pick up. The smoking was not its old overwhelming state. It really seems that the biggest offenders have been slow to return. I do find that the concentration of ash smeared machines is at the Caesars progressive bank. One machine's buttons there so screwed up that it isn't worth the bother to play, which makes the situation that much worse. All in all, I'll take the Borgata route.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

FAA wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:00 pm
Stagnant is the word. The prior trip, I grinded away there for two hours and barely got in the black. I sure hope things pick up.
FAA, didn't you report that on your last trip (Sat. July 10, 2021) you were -$84.00 for the day? Wouldn't that be in the red? Or were you referring to your Sat. July 3, 2021 when you were +$25.00 for that day?