Video Poker Master

Re: Revel is Open

Post by royal flush »

they cant find the "suckers" that play the poor games as in las vegas

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

they cant find the "suckers" that play the poor games as in las vegas
I think it is more than just poor paytables. The one (and only) time that I visited Revel was during a Caesars 7Star Event in AC. Revel had a 'Match your Tier" offer at the time, so I went in to inquire. They were very rude, and wanted me to stand in a 50-75 person line to get a card, and would not let me talk to a host.

I said " See Ya", and will not return. Well, maybe for the auction of the furnishings..  

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

An interesting article about Revel: $2.5b crap out - How Wall St. got suckered in Atlantic City:http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/c ... 9yIzTqeUWI

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

[QUOTE=royal flush] they cant find the "suckers" that play the poor games as in las vegas
I think it is more than just poor paytables. The one (and only) time that I visited Revel was during a Caesars 7Star Event in AC. Revel had a 'Match your Tier" offer at the time, so I went in to inquire. They were very rude, and wanted me to stand in a 50-75 person line to get a card, and would not let me talk to a host.

I said " See Ya", and will not return. Well, maybe for the auction of the furnishings..  [/QUOTE]
    Spot on, Billy joe!   I experienced the exact same thing when I went to Revel for this supposed "Promotional Offer". but I am not 7 star like you, only a Diamond level (40,000+)    But still, I deserved better treatment, same as you...and they failed miserably.    I have yet to receieve ANY single promo from Revel that is worth anything more than wiping my nose with......Idiots are running this joint.     Here's something else:   I live in New ENgland, western massachusetts to be exact.   Everyday, at least twice a day, i see advertisements on my cable TV for Vegas, either the city in general or a specific resort (I just saw an AD for Treasure Island as I write this....)     Guess how many ads I have seen in the past year for either Revel or AC in general???    ZEEE ROOO!!!!    NADA   NONE  ZILCH   ZIPPY NOT a ONE   Not a PEEP      It is ABSURD.....AC is a 5 hour bus ride from here, which I make often.   Vegas is on the other side of the friggin continent, yet they see fit to advertise everywhere all the time.   Now of course AC is NOT vegas.    But come on......NEVER?  NONE?   No advertising at all????   how could it possibly NOT help them, even a little?   you need to be inside peoples' minds when they make decisions about where to go play and recreate,,,, AC has a marketing angle Vegas does not.....a beach.  the ocean.   Or, as Captain Carl said to Pee Wee Herman, "The Sea Pee, the Sea!" Argh there is a clan of idiots running AC, and it is Not Nucky Thompson and that guy with half a face who likes to shoot everybody on the HBO show,,,,,  Now you know why I am such a Game of thrones fan !