Little River trip

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
mendon

Little River trip

Post by mendon »

Back from our 3 day trip to Little River.......... it was ugly, we always have good luck there but not this time. You could walk up to any vp machine you wanted, people are just not playing vp. I remember a few years ago you couldn't get on a machine, you can now We could not do anything on vp or anything else and believe me we tried Several people were complaining how bad it was......... everything just seemed tight.......... had 1 4 of a kind in 3 days, something is not right, but I don't know what......... I even went up lastnight to our room at 10 and that is not like me one bit  Oh well we had free rooms and ate good so maybe next time it will be better.  Saw your hits Billyjoe   how much fun is that!!!!! You would have to pick me up off the floor!!! I guess you just have to plan not winning and then if you do YAHOO.  It was cold there and a snow storm lastnight, thought for a minute we might have to stay another night but darn it was good to go this afternoon Well that's my story, hopeful I'll have a better one when we go back (silly us) next month.

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

Nice trip report and better luck next time. Now I do not feel so badly that we live so far away from Little River! Too bad I live so close to Windsor and MGM Detroit where I lost today. But I do have the world's most valuable mattress pad, per mailed gift offer from Windsor. However, when I donated my husband's carrot cake slice from MGM comps to a homeless man begging in 28 degree weather, I realized my losses are rather insignificant! What my husband does not know will not hurt him on many levels. (that would include the losses and carrot cake) (Actually, I do not know for sure if  he was homeless, he did not look hungry and I did not want to contribute to any possible substance abuse problem.)

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

nice stories, both of you....thanks for sharing. First, to mendon:   Now you know how I feel after my recent jaunts to AC, VP indeed has sucked big time and I too am scratching my shaved head wondering just what in theeee hell is going on!?!?!?! Marie:  I totally hear you with regards homeless people and/or beggars....whenever they ask for money, I always ask "what do you need it for?"   If they ask for "something to eat" I always offer to buy them a full meal somewhere closeby....9 out of 10 decline.   IF, however, you actually get an honest person who answers "Cuz I need a drink...." I will offer to buy them some drinks and that usually gets an OK...... Now why would I buy booze for an obvious alcoholic?  simple:  Booze withdrawal (aka "The DTs" which is short for Delirium Tremens) is potentially life threatening, and can also result in a delirious alkie hurting other people in delusional fits and manic rage.   Of course, I also offer cab fare to the Hospital after they get there booze, but that is usually declined also. Some may feel I am contributing to their problem, but I dont think so....I know too much about medical stuff to deny booze.   But drugs I definitely do NOT allow (of course, I wouldnt know where to get em' anyway, especially since I gave up crack n hookers years ago for lent (just kidding har har)