the situation is worse than ever

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
Bobbi

Re: the situation is worse than ever

Post by Bobbi »

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Bill, my brother and sister in law each qualified for the extra $ 600 a week when schools closed in March last year. They are retired and were working as school bus monitors. All of a sudden, an extra $1,200 a week. Sweet, but really not intended for them. Next thing I know my brother is buying Johnnie Walker Blue.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Carcounter wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 1:50 pm
Bill, my brother and sister in law each qualified for the extra $ 600 a week when schools closed in March last year. They are retired and were working as school bus monitors. All of a sudden, an extra $1,200 a week. Sweet, but really not intended for them. Next thing I know my brother is buying Johnnie Walker Blue.
Which kept the liquor clerk working, which kept the liquor delivery driver working, which kept the warehouses open......
This money is being given out to spend. Not to save or to invest. It's meant to be spent.
That is the idea of a stimulus. To get money into the economy that wouldn't otherwise be spent.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Would be nice if the government would save a step and just ship us all a case of Johnny Walker Blue. :(

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Maybe they could hire poor families to deliver them, and the circle would be unbroken.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

The games return nothing and you get hand after hand of crap. My dud rate is 69% at Resorts. You almost have to see it to understand it, how hand after hand after hand returns nothing, not even JoB! Again, this is a 99.3% game, and even accounting for variance and randomness, no way should it be this terrible this consistent for this long.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I officially understand it. This 2013 DB fiasco was my recent Harrah's trip result. The catalyst for my forthcoming Borgata trip. Voting with my feet. I felt so dazed, confused, helpless and victimized. Of course, I continued playing, betting on a fierce rebound. Nope, it was a complete Cove money grab. There were a couple of lucky machines. Of course, I didn't land at one.