Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Blue Angels Coming

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

The Blue Angels are coming to the AC Airshow this summer on Sept 2..http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news ... b8f0c.html http://www.nbc40.net/story/27560909/us- ... -showThese guys are always amazing, as are the Air Force's equivalent stunt flying team (I am not sure what exactly they call themselves these days but they are right up there with the navy in terms of air show spectacles.)When I was growing up my father was in the air force reserves stationed once a month for 5-7 days at Westover Air Force Base in Massachuestts (western MASSACHUSETTS).....every year in the Summer they had an air show with all sorts of impressive "cool" stuff, and no doubt my exposure to this is why I lean to the right when it comes to NAtional Defense and Security issues while I lean the Left when it comes to Domestic Policy and the Economy.   I guess I am a Republocrat, or a Demlican, or perhaps just a middle of the road independent.Anyhow, one thing the Atlantic City Air show can never have that the Westover show always had was a PArachute demonstration by the US Army's "GOLDEN KNIGHTS" parachute airborne team......landing in the ocean while wearing full airborne combat gear tends to be lethal.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

The Golden Knights do appear at the AC Airshow. There is a section of the Beach roped off for them to land. That section of the beach is in front of the vacant lot next to Boardwalk Hall. Inside that section of the beach is an X located in the center . That the Golden Knights tried to land on. They land on that mark most of the time with great accuracy. The one year the one parachutist landed on the sand dune.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

These guys are always amazing, as are the Air Force's equivalent stunt flying team (I am not sure what exactly they call themselves these days but they are right up there with the navy in terms of air show spectacles
They are called the Thunderbirds.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

[QUOTE=DaBurglar]
These guys are always amazing, as are the Air Force's equivalent stunt flying team (I am not sure what exactly they call themselves these days but they are right up there with the navy in terms of air show spectacles
They are called the Thunderbirds. [/QUOTE]Thank you!   That was bugging me all day, and i had to leave before I could google it.....Thanks Jimdeuce, I had no idea the golden knights showed up in AC......I must admit, I had not realized that section of the beach is actually that big.......but it NOW makes sense.....they do not JUMP anyway if there is any significant wind which might blow them way off course, so I guess landing in the drink is not a real threat for these guys, even on a beach.    I look forward to the show upcoming in 2015.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Wish I could be there Wed and just sit on the Steel Pier. That looks ideal.