Trip Report

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Trip Report

Post by FAA »

I was in a rushed frenzy; even more limited time than usual. Yes, very poor judgment. I'll grab yogurt or whatever from now on. Thanks for the concern. Cig smoke is acceptable. Pipe and cigar are entirely different beasts.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

stay out of the smoking area, problem solved. i can't stand drunks, but if i go to a bar, they will be all around me.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Only full pay JOB in the building. The extra 5-20% on these Progressives is also too good to pass up. I just have to squint and bear it whenever fate serves it. Or just take a break.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

Only full pay JOB in the building. The extra 5-20% on these Progressives is also too good to pass up. I just have to squint and bear it whenever fate serves it. Or just take a break.
 full pay machines makes sense. my guess is the reason the progressives are better is because the machines get a lot of play, by the smokers. i often see non smokers wanting to play where there is more action, which often happens in the smoking section, but then they complain about the smoke. i know from being in AC enough, that at least 2/3 of each property is non smoking. 

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

With cigar and pipe, more a smell problem than a smoke problem.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Last Friday mini trip report from the Borgata. Started with .50 9/6 Jacks, got up $100 and decided to plow into .50 SDB. That $100 went fast, back to even. So I'm a pretty disciplined player and try to play 99% or better games all the time. On the Game Kings that have SDB, there is also a Bonus deuces game that has a paytable that is just a shade under 99%. I try it every now and then hoping to catch a hot streak of ducks. Played for 2 hrs. and caught the 4 ducks and a bunch of 5OAK's. Wound up the session +$700. I needed that pretty bad. Good luck to everyone.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Congratulations, Car. I would of course be doing cartwheels over a three figure win, but you pressed your luck and truly prevailed. From prior trip reports, you really needed that great $700 win. Borgata is definitely capable of producing great days for players year round. Lots of of machine activity. Bally's does decent volume too, but not nearly as generous as the gambler's shining beacon of hope in the Marina.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

The Bonus Deuces game, although it returns about .7% less than Super double Bonus, which at 99.69% is the best game at Borgata, is less volatile. seems you get more play for your investment and therefore more chances to hit a big hand. But I will go back to SDB next time. I can't help myself but to play the game with the highest payback percentage.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Deuces is fun, so Bonus Deuces should be all the more fun when hot. Will keep this in mind.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

From what I see it is the best deuces game available in AC at just under 99%