Trip Report

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
FAA
Video Poker Master

Trip Report

Post by FAA »

The much missed quads have suddenly returned, with new found alacrity at that! O prodigal ones! $25 free play yielded a mere $15, which I lost. But I got to $32 just over an hour later with a $20, as I was dealt four eights at max bet. It must have been a combat pay quad. They had me sweating bullets. Three buck net loss, whatever. I moved to the next machine and two hands later hit another max bet quad, cashing out at $62. Glad I hung around. I showed my adjacent screen quads to a passer by, a would be realtor displaying a river view. JOB really did not seem like a job today. I then strolled to the craps table where someone kindly shot a speedy seven for me for another $25. The short run is usually the best run for me. Sensing that what goes up must come down and reasonably content, I quit all wagering to watch three hours of ball with my feet up. Finally, I skipped the tempting machines on the way out and left town. Hasta la vista, AC. Even my team won.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Congrats on all fronts FAA, keep the streak alive.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

It was a movable feast. But I retired to the sideline while the getting was good.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

WTG and good discipline too.... .....I must say your posts have me brushing up on my vocabulary. One marking period in English class I made fun of the English teacher and was caught. I paid a big penalty by getting a C that marking period. Back then, they could get away with stuff like that. Funny how I still remember that.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

An hour of treading water. Then two quads within two or three minutes. Then the lucky seven. This was surely my cue to wrap it up with a bow. The likely outcome of an additional two hours of VP is a $42 loss, my VP profit. Break even is not a palatable outcome, given the commute time investment. I came to play, but that takes a back seat to a solid early profit.  

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Tough day. I netted $26 on $25 free play at Caesars . My $19 quad was 80 min later. I cashed out $31. Won $25 at craps on a quick eleven. I won a quick $2 at Borgata and $4 at Harrah's. I returned to the Caesars machines and lost $70 in one hour. Ice cold on two machines. Just no discipline today. It was so crowded at Caesars that I didn't enjoy the afternoon either. Just give back torture. Harrah's was pretty spacious and the machines seemed okay. I should have simply stayed there. Very poor decision making. Time to firmly switch to Harrah's and Borgata.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Better luck next time FAA.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

It can only improve from here. A record CET loss rate for me.This was a damn the torpedoes day. I kept going even while being killed. I did find a relaxed oasis in the weekend AC bedlam, which I left too soon for my own good. I'll adjust my itinerary. All else being equal, I'll patronize the place where I can truly unwind and hear myself think. The other places are Stress HQ from the start, exacerbated by the losing.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Had a day like that FAA recently on a quarter job game starting with a bet of 5 though. That day cost me over 500 bucks and I got so disgusted with job, that for now, I am playing other games.
      Had a partial bailout by the Mrs. again Friday night. I was out 200 and getting ready to quit for the night. Too close to Christmas anyway to play crazy. My wife was playing nickel DDB ultimate x game with a bad paytable and caught aces quads with a 3x multiplier for 2400 nickels. Smart lady again quits for the day so between us, we were only out about eighty bucks. Not great, but nothing like some days when I play alone.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I recall that beat down, Olds. My problem was location. I am convinced that I could have stayed at either of my two prior pit stops and treaded water quite nicely! But I went back into the belly of the beast. I will stick to the safer havens going forward. My CET annual statement will be the final straw for the boardwalk property. It was an epic struggle just to snatch a few bucks in my morning session. Naive to think that I would succeed twice in one day! It's a financial hangover.