Taj pickets

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Taj pickets

Post by FAA »

The relaxing lounge next to the bar at Taj was closed Sunday. Well, no reason to enter any longer. I may stop by for the closing in three weeks for old times' sake. 

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

DB told me yesterday that they are powering down a lot of the machines already.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Hey, saves electricity. Keep slashing those pesky operating costs at this point!

BOOPSAHOY
Video Poker Master

Post by BOOPSAHOY »

Well after 20+ years at the Taj we will be going to Tropicana next weekend. Anyone play there?

boobert
Forum Rookie

Post by boobert »

Moving play from taj to trop is something I would never do , since icahn is pretty much responsible for the taj's present troubles. Some new operators are needed in AC. The only ones that haven't pissed me off yet are borgata and golden nugget , lol.

jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Post by jetermacaw »

I would think the union has to share in the responsibility. Very weak leadership. You don't roll the dice when you know you're going to lose.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Union has to share responsibility. Very weak leadership. You don't roll the dice when you know you're going to lose.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Absolutely. It was a zero leverage situation. Bluff called.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

I was also a taj regular for many years, really enjoyed the place. one thing I did not like was that the chairs were anchored to the floor, not easy when one is taller.

there is enough blame to go around. in general, I think all the guilty parties were short sighted and greedy. whether it was management, unions, town/state officials/employees....they all wanted to get all they could and felt the good times would last forever.

if they had just returned some of those profits, when times were good, into improving the appearance/security of the place, they could have had a much better chance of surviving the recession and increased competition. they did the opposite of vegas.

boobert
Forum Rookie

Post by boobert »

I know pokerstars has a deal with resorts, but I'd love to see them buy the taj .

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Time to pay our respects in the last weekend of operation. You've provided a lot of great memories.