U.S. COVID deaths hit 200,000

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
felix

U.S. COVID deaths hit 200,000

Post by felix »

200,000 U.S. coronavirus deaths, but had it not been for Trump's heroic action it could have easily been 2,000,000. His decisive action in mandating masks, using his leadership platform to convince us to take critical preventative measures, and boldly and intelligently refusing to hold risky political rallies --- for all of these actions I say "Thank You, Mr. President!" May you have a glorious and relaxing retirement starting in January.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

God bless those 200,000 souls and condolences to their family and friends.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

billryan wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:22 pm
God bless those 200,000 souls and condolences to their family and friends.
Andrew Cuomo should have said this.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I'm sure he has, as have all people of goodwill.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I will agree with the God Bless statement. Unfortunately, this is far from over. Phase 2 already started in Europe. Many of our states are spiking again. A vaccine will not help everyone. Hopefully, it will help some of us. Even India is getting over 50,000 new cases a day.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:42 pm
I will agree with the God Bless statement. Unfortunately, this is far from over. Phase 2 already started in Europe. Many of our states are spiking again. A vaccine will not help everyone. Hopefully, it will help some of us. Even India is getting over 50,000 new cases a day.
Meanwhile, the President is busy encouraging large gatherings of unmasked people, making fun of Biden wearing masks, and saying the virus hardly affects anyone. At best, it's negligence. I would say it borders on criminal. Not that such a thing has ever bothered his supporters. The best they can come up with "but the protestors did it!"

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Why would it border on criminal Eduardo?

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Only an opinion of course, but I think a man in his position encouraging people to engage in actions that are known to exacerbate a deadly pandemic (translation: needlessly increasing the death toll) and downplaying the threat of the virus could fall into that category. Not that he would ever be charged with anything. He wants to play both sides of the mask debate and unfortunately, the cost is not merely political.

His words and decisions ought to be weighed much more heavily than one's personal decision to wear a mask or not.

He claims to be tough on the virus for political gain, then openly disregards it for political gain. And apparently, people don't see through this charade.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Eduardo wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:24 pm
Only an opinion of course, but I think a man in his position encouraging people to engage in actions that are known to exacerbate a deadly pandemic (translation: needlessly increasing the death toll) and downplaying the threat of the virus could fall into that category.
I culled out the part where you are on the track but still a fair bit away from the station.

In order for the above to be considered a criminal act (an act deemed injurious to the public welfare) it would also need to be prohibited.

To date; politicians are not prohibited from making lunkheaded statements. If they were prohibited from doing this, there would be more prisons in the United States full of lunkheaded politicians than there are schools.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Right. The difference being, I don't dismiss Trump's statements in this case as merely "lunkheaded."

If he told Americans to assault other Americans, is that still being "lunkheaded?" If he told them to deliberately infect other Americans? "Lunkheaded?"

I understand we aren't at that level here, but the question is at what point does it go from merely idiotic to culpable? I expect people would have different answers, but I do find it surprising that some people are prepared to dismiss this level of negligence entirely. We've grown used to this from Trump, and that is perhaps the saddest part of all.