MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
dinghy
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by dinghy »

You could own stocks unhedged and basically collect your own dividends. Some drawbacks but can be quite lucrative.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Good portfolio day for me, until earnings report. Big software company -10% after hours. I am on the first row of this chart.
Attachments
7832130C-5CB0-46FC-B311-2EDC316A56E0.jpeg

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:30 pm
Big software company -10% after hours.
NVDA. I don't own that one, but you're halfway to a score in the after-hours division of the +/- Challenge, which I just made up.

The goal is to achieve a +10% and a -10% in the same session.

Today I had OSTK Overstock, +14%.

Then for my minus, TWOU 2U Inc, -18%.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I have an order in for AWF as an add to. At this point, I am looking for income and limited ups and downs. Still have my sqqq order in and its getting closer.
I think it will be a wait before I can pick up PRU at 97. Got a nice little bounce with BGS. I will sit back and collect the dividends on that one nearly 9 percent. Tempted to try and navigate the web site for the I bonds. That’s really the best deal in town.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 4:47 pm
At this point, I am looking for income and limited ups and downs.
I bonds say hi.
Tempted to try and navigate the web site for the I bonds. That’s really the best deal in town.
What are you waiting for !?!

It appears you can do all the setup online. I think in the old days you had to wait for a snail-mailed security code, but now they send to your email.

You need to get it done quickly so you can receive the full month's interest for May, as noted by billryan. I hope you have 10k in a checking or savings account.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Cancelled the sqqq order in time. Getting a substantial bounce here. Going to do a wait and see how strong it is.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

dinghy wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 5:55 am
advantage playe wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 8:25 pm
You could write slightly out of the money covered calls and basicly make your own divadends ! there r some drawbacks but can be quite lucrative !
Tell us about the drawbacks please because I rarely see them mentioned.
one drawback is u dont participate in the upside if the stock goes past the given strike price thats y long run should sell the call a little above the strike. some studies show this is the most profitable long run .

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

My portfolio was +1.5% today. If tomorrow is flat, it would be so helpful in putting the misery since March inception behind me. The Invidia after hours plunge turned out to be moot drama, as it rebounded well. I am actually hoping that June is flat. It would mean not losing any further funds.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Up .51 percent on regular brokerage account, but that has a big cash position. Up 1.69 percent on the IRA with a tiny cash position, but way down on both since Jan of this year. At least I canceled my buy order for sqqq. Funny, the other day Dinghy said…. You’re trying to buy sqqq at 52. Thats unlikely to happen. I could have had it today for 51. Just goes to show none of our crystal balls work. Heeeee

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Wise SQQQ pivot, Olds. I wish that I was wise enough to have inverted cash and stock positions like you. I realize that it does largely depend on time horizon. I really caught a still falling knife in March and April. Who was sure that the Jan/Feb selloff mode would be ongoing? May has largely tapered losses. Hopefully I'll only spend the rest of the year bailing out.