MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by olds442jetaway »

I am a bit surprised gold hasn’t hit 2,000 already. Maybe because of the strength of the dollar. Not really sure. Especially with the current disaster with digital currency. I am actually considering buying a little NEM. Doing a wait and see for now

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Yes, the $ has probably hurt gold. I believe it recently achieved all-time highs in several other currencies.

If you want a blue-chip gold miner, the other one to consider is AEM Agnico Eagle which is digesting Kirkland Lake Gold. I added more today. Both AEM and NEM had 1st quarter production impediments and are forecasting big improvements as the year progresses.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

This thread has become highly esoteric! On a more familiar note, I’m thrilled that Bitcoin was +5% today. It helped my SQ +11%! My biggest minus: Deere, -6.4%! What a disaster it’s become.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

The reversal of fortune continues for energy investors. Worst sector of the day.

For the week, I've got SPY +6.6%, XLE -2.6%.

And my personal favorite, GDXJ -3.2%. :wacko:

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

dinghy wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:30 pm
I think demand will be sustained by migration, among other factors. People buy materials when they move to a new residence.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Nice bounce on Prudential ( pru ) from 90 to 97 in a couple of days. P/E under 8, earning over 12 bucks a share and a dividend over 5 percent. At risk of jinxing it, 103 and I’m out with a grand in my pocket. Could get another nice bounce this week, but the big guns could dump the market again in early or mid July. No crystal ball. Just my opinion. If I am wrong, I will take the 5 percent div for now and still be happy.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Selling my green Treasuries today to buy blood-red gold miners.

The precious metals complex sometimes gets crashy at quarter ends. Although I like the buying opportunity, I'm ready for a change of pace in July.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I was only -0.23% today (Markets +.27%, -.07%, -.03%). The time has come to cut my stock exposure in half. Called rep to cut my losses. He suggested a large "cash protected" position, which I will belatedly undergo. I hope to return by Christmas. Obviously loser investors cannot miss the bottom of this mess.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:14 pm
The time has come to cut my stock exposure in half.
Nicely done! You can buy back in now at lower prices.

I bought silver miners at higher prices. Now I'm buying them at lower prices. PAAS below 20, HL below 4.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Now accumulating FLGR Germany. According to Barclays, latest month-end CAPE was 18.8 compared to 31.2 for the USA. This current month has been a disaster, so new monthly CAPE reading should come in around 17. Germany has tended to bottom at ~15.