This week in white nationalism.

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
billryan
Video Poker Master

Re: This week in white nationalism.

Post by billryan »

Are you also going to assume I was referring to bartenders and waitresses when I mentioned 1099 employees? Or are you going to claim more expertise on the matter than my accountants and legal team? Explain to the class how I as an employer would owe FICA or workmanship comp on a contract with an outside company to perform , entertain or man a position. Those people don't work for me, they never did.
Not sure why it's so difficult. Every idiot thinks they understand legal matters better than the people who actually earn their living doing things.
To get technical for the experts for a moment, every one of my 1099 employees passed both the more loose Past Practices guideline and the much stricter ABC principals.
No employee was ever made an independent contractor. I.C.s were brought in, as needed ,on a case by case, or night by night basis.
Think of it as the modern version of shaping up.
I'm amazed notes wants to proceed, arguing non existent nonsense about something he knows nothing about,but then again, what does he have to lose? His honor? Gone.
His integrity? That ship done sailed. The truth? That's funny

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

O.k., just one more.

BR now you mentioned that these were "contract" workers. If this is truly the case then why did you originally say 1099 workers? There is a HUGE difference between contract workers and 1099's. Let me guess: you told the contract company the hours and duties that you wanted "their" employees to work and they conveyed this information to those who would be carrying out duties in your bar that were way out of the scope that none of your other employees could do? And if they were working for you in a bar; I really doubt they would pass all elements of the ABC test and yes, I am pretty familiar with it. Even using "contract" workers I doubt they were getting health insurance or any other benefits from their "employer."

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

FLUSH IT GUYS!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Tedlark wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:07 pm
O.k., just one more.

BR now you mentioned that these were "contract" workers. If this is truly the case then why did you originally say 1099 workers? There is a HUGE difference between contract workers and 1099's. Let me guess: you told the contract company the hours and duties that you wanted "their" employees to work and they conveyed this information to those who would be carrying out duties in your bar that were way out of the scope that none of your other employees could do? And if they were working for you in a bar; I really doubt they would pass all elements of the ABC test and yes, I am pretty familiar with it. Even using "contract" workers I doubt they were getting health insurance or any other benefits from their "employer."
You are making all sorts of assumptions not backed by the slightest evidence. for example, why would you assume people employed by another company aren't getting health insurance from them? Some companies relie on their benefits packages to attract workers. I've never had to. What part of the ABC test do you imagine these hypothetical people wouldn't have passed, and what was the acceptable practice for the time period in question. Lets start with the last part. You have no idea when I am talking about yet you know more about the situation than the suits and beancounters who seemed to by a new summer house each year with their fees
Just like Donald Trump knows more than all his generals.
My ad in Craigs List, Sierra Vista advertised that I offered low starting wages and vague promises. To date, I have twenty plus responses, and have been fielding a crew a few days a week prepping the stores, building shelves and landscaping. For unloading and the real scut work, I donated to the local food bank and they sent me a few volunteers. Saving money upfront means you don't have to charge as much to make the same profit.

If I rent you 150 sq feet of space for $3,000 and you hire people to staff it, take in peoples coats and properties, and sell ancillary items I'm not selling, are you seriously suggesting that I am somehow responsible for anything to do with the persons who works the booths wages? Or tips?
If Robby Rosa performs a set and brings three backup dancers with him, how am I responsible if one of them is tipped?
If I pay an outside agency a set fee per hour and they provide me 12 of their employees to help staff a party, who is responsible for their pay and any tax withholding? Here is a hint, its not me. In fact, I could hire the outside agency to totally man my bar 24-7 and not have an employees. We thought about it.
Here is a tough one. The bar is normally closed on Thursday. A promoter approaches me about opening up for a weekly party he wants to throw. For $1,000 a week, he brings in his own liquor, staff ,DJ ect. I have one employee who is on salary watch the place but everything else runs thru the promoter. How do you record the $1,000 a week payments? Is it business income or rental income?
The two bartenders ring up $2500 in sales and take in $800 in tips. What am I supposed to withhold and pay out? You people seem to think they are employees of mine and I'm going through a big ruse to save 6% of nothing. That promoter might run five parties a week in five different clubs and those two bartenders might work once a week in five different clubs.
If one bartender in the above example works once a week for the year, she'll have made over $20,000 in tips. Explain to us how you think I'm responsible for FICA on any of it?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I give up. Your above post was so full of contradiction I could pick it apart line by line but why bother. And, I don't assume anything. Well the exception to that is that I assume you think that you are the smartest person in the room.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

I am the person with almost twenty years in the business. If you were to tell me you were a career bocci ball player, I would assume you know more about bocci than I do. Telling me you know something about workmans comp classifications so it makes you an expert on running an entertainment business is a joke.
You would be wise to give up. Its not something you will win. Calling someone a tax fraud without the slightest evidence is a very ***** up thing to do. Do you really want to go down that path with notes?
Being the smartest guy in this room wouldn't be very difficult, would it? Do I think I know more about running my business than either of you? Yes I do, and I'll put my money where my mouth is. Will you?
When I sold, the buyer did a ( I believe it was called) forensic accounting on the last three years and we got a squeaky clean bill of health. Put up enough money and you can use your expertise to prove me wrong. Notes can come along as well. Just leave the sheets at home.

Edited for language

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

ted, i appreciate your posts, tough to find fault with anything you wrote. BR's posts are gibberish, incoherent along with an attempt to divert the questions/subject matter elsewhere. this is his standard procedure, when confronted with superior arguments/facts. i too, will no longer respond to any of his posts on this matter. you are so right when you point out all the contradictions. employees/free lance workers/independent contractors....what a bunch of double talk.

he should take advantage of his right to remain silent.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I realize in the political forum things get heated and I tend to not intervene in these enlightening subjects. However we do still need to keep things civil and swearing is also not permitted anywhere in the forum. Thanks.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

It's like trying to eat just one potato chip...

A forensic accounting wasn't performed, more like a forensic audit. I'm even doubtful a forensic audit was performed in a simple business valuation event. This would lead me to ask which set of books was offered to the buyer? I never called you a tax fraud either but keep thinking that.

I do freely admit though that it is very likely you know more about bocci than I do.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Webman wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:04 pm
I realize in the political forum things get heated and I tend to not intervene in these enlightening subjects. However we do still need to keep things civil and swearing is also not permitted anywhere in the forum. Thanks.
But accusing me of being a tax cheat, without the slightest hint is. Got it. You have the forum you deserve. Enjoy it.