MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by FAA »

TEL owner; -$346 on the full year span. My firm may at some point sell it. They don't ask me, but I'm bullish on them. They do retain value with a decent P/E. Over the last year, that's saying something.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Keeping mine for the moment as well. The less than 2 percent dividend isn’t great though. I think I can do better with the cash. Ten years ago it was only 40 bucks a share so all in all not bad.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

It would be acceptable in a bullish market. That's kind of the icing on the cake. But nowadays, the cake slice has itself been compromised.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yep

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Still sitting on sidelines with 45-50% dry powder.
Wondering when to get back in.
Bidenflation not easing. Fed not done.
What does the smart$ think?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

My dumb money says for now 75 percent in money market earning just under 5 percent. Keeping a few of my favorites for dividends. No Wild tech plays.This is what I’m keeping for now. Pru, BGS, FHIGX,——this one for non taxable Fed Dividends. Also AWF which I have owned like 30 years. Have a little TEL too. Have already tied up some funds for a year at 5.4 brokered bank CDs.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

If anybody cares, here is some of the stuff I like/have and their current dividend rates. As you can see, I am more income oriented than looking for risky quick appreciation

PRU. 6.04
BGS 5.04
AWF 8.07
Tel 1.9
EMD 9.56
Tfxix3.56
Fhigx2.45 non taxable Fed
NVT 1.68
TRV 2.17
SELF5.65

Who knows if these will still be good long term. Some of the ones that have gone down in value are still more than free based on the high annual dividends paid out. For instance, not considering compounding etc, one that pays over 8 percent a year would be free in about 12 Years. If you decided to sell it after that for whatever reason, your gross proceeds would be all gravy and you could have a nice tax loss to boot. This is no easy game. If I read the news correctly recently, Warren Buffet’s company lost over 40 billion in just 3 months last year. Even Mr Buffet equates the market to gambling. There is a lot more to it though. That was an on paper loss. The meat is in the fine print. I’m sure he is doing just fine.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Staying with MM for a while thanks.
Interesting list see 3 high div. payers that look good. Have to avoid PRU since they pay my pension.
I have the increasingly rare 3-legged stool.
Wish I did not have to take yearly RMD. Don't need it and it really screws me every April. Not as bad as the W2G,s though. :x

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Yep. We just lost 22 percent of our RMDs to the Feds and 7 percent more to the crooks in the State. The reason I call them crooks is they get me on gross gambling winnings with no writeoff ability for the losses. So unfair. That’s like getting taxed on the gross proceeds of a stock sale.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Same deal by the feds but our state does not tax retirement income. 0% on pensions, SS, and RMD's
Republicans got that in years ago to stem the tide of retirees moving to Florida. Dem's in power now so I will grab my ass.

By "gross gambling winnings" I assume you mean W2G's. We take the same state hit but slightly less at4.25%