MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
dinghy
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:28 am
Gold trying for 1800. Strange how an attempted bull market is good for the gold price including a slight dip in inflation.
Buffett: "The stock market is a device for transferring money from the impatient to the patient."

I think gold will be propelled by events that are almost inevitable, but not assuredly imminent. It's hard to discuss the bull case for gold because some of the subject matter is highly political and possibly too dark for a general message board.

Today I thought PAAS had a -5% report, and I would buy more if it went to -10. Instead it turned out to be a -10% report that went to -15.

WDOFF Wesdome also missed, so I had to buy more at -7%.
olds442jetaway wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:14 pm
SFL corp
A good one. Big dividend. I took my profits earlier this year, but would buy again around 8 or so.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Today's crater in my portfolio is presented by POSH (Poshmark), -15% on bad guidance. It's a smedium-sized position for me. The company operates an online marketplace for stuff I refuse to hold when my wife asks me to.

PBR is also -15%, but that's because it paid out an enormous dividend. It's actually up a few % for the day dividend-adjusted. These big dividend payers are nice, but it's an accounting headache to keep track of cost basis for future buy/sell decisions. Being an ADR, much of the news reporting specifies amounts in local currency rather than US dolares.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Markets: +1.3%, +1.7%, +2.1%. I was +0.8% today. No PBR swill for FAA.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Up .3 percent today. Very few losers except over 5 percent drop on sqqq.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:18 pm
No PBR swill for FAA.
I didn't get big into it until June, so I missed out on the +70% YTD. For my two months, I'm probably only +50 or 60%.

VTI is 4100 stocks US-only. VXUS is 7800 stocks international-only. Internationals continue to lag on every time frame. Here's the VXUS chart:

Another move to the bottom of the trend Chanel would set up a buying opportunity in the 47s.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I didn't get big into it until June, so I missed out on the +70% YTD. My two months, I'm only +50 or 60%.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was just making a joke connecting it to Pabst Blue Ribbon, which you missed. Obviously, this was an incredible investment.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:51 am
I was just making a joke connecting it to Pabst Blue Ribbon, which you missed.
Sorry, not my expertise. When I was bigger into blackjack, the experts advised ordering an alcoholic beverage to look like a regular gambler. But I don't drink, so instead I emptied my Aquafina and refilled it with tap water. I still got backed off.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

dinghy wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:32 am
Today's crater in my portfolio is presented by POSH (Poshmark), -15% on bad guidance.
Whiplash!

Some analyst upgraded it to "overweight." Apparently that's a good thing now.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Markets: +0.45%, +0.4%, +0.6%. I was +0.3% today. Slow and steady out of the hole, now at -6.8%. Panic selling is the worst. I am hoping to break even by Christmas, barring another epic selloff day. Crude oil price a watered down -4.6%! More, please. Olds' ceiling must be filthy from all the dancing as Disney is $124. Outhouse to penthouse for mouse. So you cratered on POSH. Got it all back, by gosh. Chicagoans must be the best investors. All that changing weather experience.
Last edited by FAA on Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

VTI +0.4%, but VXUS -0.6%. Another bad day for internationals.

Chart of the day, BBBY Bed Bath & Beyond:

Not much news that I can find. Short squeeze maybe.