MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
notes1
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by notes1 »

you are just too humble, one would be a fool not to follow each and every suggestion you make. whether it is how to run a business, real estate investing, securities investing, gambling or any of the many topics you offer advice, i consider it a privilege to benefit from what you write.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

All I know is that I wish I could have gotten my fees for the first two 2020 quarters credited back! I guess that I did perhaps make money Q2 vs. Q1. But that’s like surviving a plane crash to merely being paralyzed.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Most Americans greatly reduced their spending in the first two quarters so there was that, plus you did get a $1200 check from Uncle Sam.
We are in the middle of a once in a century pandemic so just surviving it is good enough for me.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

When I was a child, Mother always said being happy was the key to life.
When I went to school, the teacher asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up.
I said I wanted to be happy. Teacher said I didn't understand the question.
I said the teacher didn't understand life.
John Lennon

Some people get it. Evidently, some don't. Life is short, give happiness a chance.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Well, it took two months. A major reckoning occurred today in the markets, -634 and -99. I took a hard hit. But it was only half of prior reckoning day losses due to my Thanksgiving week exit. The speculators just about brought the broader market to its knees. Thanks a lot, blowhards. Way to wipe out three weeks of gains in one fell swoop.

notes1
Video Poker Master

Post by notes1 »

are you under the illusion;
-the markets are guaranteed
-the indices only go up
-the only way anyone makes money is when the markets go higher
-any idea what the S&P 500 p/e level is currently
-any idea how often the p/e has been this high

no predictions, might be a good idea to take some gains off the table, unless your time frame is very long.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Friday almost equaled Wednesday loss. But I recouped Friday today. I won’t address those naive assumptions you made about me. I’ll keep trusting big time analysts.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Think of the market like a roller coaster. It goes up, it goes down and it can make you queasy but in the end, the only ones who get hurt are the ones who try to get off mid-ride.
I love silver but if it gets to $35, I'll be cashing 99% of mine in.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Personally, I think it is too high. When the hunt brothers had it hit 50 I think, I didn’t cash in then. Haven’t decided about now yet. The way the world is, may be a good idea to hold onto gold and silver.
I just compounded a bucks worth of silver from 1964 till now invested at 4 percent a year. Would be worth less than ten bucks now. So in hindsight, it would have been better to hoard it in 1964 than put it in the bank. Its about 28 an ounce now

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

work hard , scrimp and save , and you may be the richest man in the graveyard !