MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
dinghy
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by dinghy »

I replenished my gold miners today.

Gold is obsolete because everyone buys crypto now instead.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I’ll take the gold!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Relieved to only have lost a tenth of yesterday's total. Fifty basis point decision will only induce more chaos into the system. 13,000 Nasdaq returning in 2025.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Couldn’t even hold a mini rise today. Bummer. Not looking good going forward.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

FAA wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:15 pm
Fifty basis point decision will only induce more chaos into the system.
It's 75 now (expected).

They're expected to hike three-quarters at each of the next two meetings.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Latest probabilities:

https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/intere ... -fomc.html

Current rate is 75-100 bips. The market is expecting +75 tomorrow, then another +75 by late July. Forecast is uncertain after that, but the probabilities stall out around a 4% rate in early 2023.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I think if they can get inflation down to 4 percent, they will be happy with that and that will be the new norm. If so, the darn banks better step and pay for savings accordingly. I mean heck some are charging 22 percent or more on credit card debt. When I opened my own first bank account at age 7, ( the class went to the bank with our books of dimes filled up ) they were even paying 3-4 percent in 1955. I checked the current insanity at our local credit Union today. .35 of one percent for a one year cd. I will be closing them out in short order until they get the message. Actually , myself and 3 friends are all going down there at once and closing everything out. Not peanuts either in our accounts!

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:14 pm
I think if they can get inflation down to 4 percent, they will be happy with that and that will be the new norm. If so, the darn banks better step and pay for savings accordingly.
I go wherever I find value. CDs haven't been relevant (to me) in many years. Often, the ordinary savings account yield is competitive with CD yields, and during some periods such as now, I avoid banks almost entirely in favor of Treasuries and/or corporates.

For the Fed and inflation, I expect ongoing instability. Inflation may be 8 to 10% one quarter, and then zero or negative shortly thereafter. Also, some categories may run very hot while others are level or deflating.

dinghy
Video Poker Master

Post by dinghy »

Do you avoid investments in companies you consider morally objectionable?

I just bought more NEM Newmont below 62. Only gold miner in the S&P 500. I looked at their Twitter feed, and it's all rainbows, transsexuals, and climate change.

I just want the company to mine gold.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I think .75 is already priced in to the market, therefore I’m holding on sqqq buy till we get a bear market bounce. I think that will be imminent. For now, anything I own I can sell and make a few hundred on, I’m out.