MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: MARKETS,Anybody even yet?

Post by olds442jetaway »

There was just no reason for that 800 point bump. I bailed luckily on my quick 5 percent profit on PRU in time late Thursday. My mistake was not using that money to pick up sqqq with the same money and dumping that as well on Friday for a quick 5 point or so hit. Like posted above, Time is not on my side. I will play a few hit and run games from here on out, but mostly it will be fixed income returns and FDIC insured at that.
Now only if I could apply my same market discipline to VP!!!!…….Finally, a formerly good Mutual fund I have announced they are closing. They didn’t even sell it. Maybe they couldn’t. CGMRX. I was forced to sell at 55 percent of its high in 2017. Oh well, the loss will offset the hit and run profits I made several times on PRU and sqqq. There will be more tax selling before year end. I know I am not the only one in that boat. I have a tiny position in TSLA. I am not holding my breath on that one. Musk is all over the place lately. I see no upside here. Just more bounces then deflated balloons. Two more substantial rate hikes possible by year end. I am a member of the Panera Bread coffee club. They have been having mini rate hikes on bagels and such every few weeks. I had to pick up a bottle of a really good drain opener today. 7 bucks a year or so ago. 15 now. Forget the grocery store. Many poorer people are on rice and beans now and of course Generic brands. Inflation is doing a real job on my BGS, but I am keeping that one snd may even add to it. I wonder how long they can keep up the great dividend.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

+1.9%, +2.7%, +3.4%. I was +1.15% today. I never checked Friday's disaster. But I did recoup 90% of it.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Only up .22 % today because of heavy cash position, but one of the Iras went up 2.2 %. Heavy on Fidelity Contra Fund which has been hammered.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

This is partly how I know things are really bad again for some people. I am getting wheat cents in change again, especially in the grocery store. That means people are emptying out really old piggy banks just to buy food. Today, I got this 1941 s Lincoln cent in change. The last time this happened was in 2008 and to a lesser extent in 2020. I am sure this was minted even before the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.
Attachments
EE091157-FC0B-4C41-BA14-97FD520C0D6D.jpeg
EE091157-FC0B-4C41-BA14-97FD520C0D6D.jpeg (90.37 KiB) Viewed 1355 times

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

looks in fair condition not mint condition obviously. It may have some collector value. This way u will have more money to give to the needy indians !! LOL.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

-0.3%, -0.7%, -0.9%. I was -0.7% today. Incredibly, I have broken even this month.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

-0.3%, -0.8%, -0.6%. I was -0.65% today.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Things a are even worse than I thought. My brother got an 1889 Indian Head Penny in change 2 days ago. All I can say is look out below for the Market. I am keeping a close eye on sqqq again with plans to pick it up again on the next dead cat bounce in the Market. I am also watching PRU. Would love to pick up that one again and sell on a 5 point pop. If it gets below 90 again, I’m in. I have no predictions except to me it looks like a spiral down with a bounce here and there. Too many negative issues out there, Inflation and interest rate hikes being number one.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

+0.9% gain Friday. +1.3%, +1.2%, +0.9%. I was +0.43% today.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Only up .02 of 1 percent Monday being dragged down again by Fhigx. IRA though was up .93 of 1 percent. If I read it correctly, Zack's has a strong buy on FHIGX. Hope they are right as it is holding back and offsetting all of my other gains. Various Fidelity CDs are now up to 4.5 percent for just a year. I will have to add to those especially when I start doing a little tax selling Hard not to take advantage of that if Uncle Sam is going to pick up the tab for 22 percent or so of my investment mistakes. Besides after I wait out the wash sale rules, I can just buy back the losers if I really want to. At this point, I have no desire to, but things change by the day.
Keeping a close eye on sqqq again. Already down to 52.